Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a suit?

Options
  • 26-07-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a suit this week and wondering where's best, looking for one in the 200 region or less.

Best place in city center? Alternative atm is to head out to Kildare village for one

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm sure people will suggest various shops, but do not rule out having a quick look in charity shops, particularly in areas like Ranelagh, Rathmines and Terenure - you might be surprised what is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

I would suggest Marks and Spencers. They sell the jackets and trousers separately so no need for alterations. Should have a good range in your budget. I tend to get my everyday work suits there and buy a second pair of trousers to get longer out of the suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

For suits in the budget range, as said, you can't go wrong in Marks And Spencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is that clery's clearance store on parnell st still there? Was menswear only and Could be worth a look for a suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

How much more would I have to spend to get something decent? I thought around 200 would get me a nice one in Kildare Village in Savoy Taylors Guild but I may be underestimating the price of suits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Arnotts have a sale on at the moment-half price or better on a lot of the suits; I saw some nice ones around the €220-250 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Arnotts deffo. I bought a great one there yesterday half price! €230 including alterations to trouser length!

Advertisement