Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

G2A game codes for Ireland?

• 27-07-2015 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, I came across G2A, they seem to sell game codes for very little in comparison to the likes of steam and (ugh) origin.

Does anyone know if they're legit and if those codes would work in Ireland.

https://www.g2a.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If they offer euro prices then yes they will. And they're legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also look at g2play.net and greenmangaming.com

humblebundle.com can also be good at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just use isthereanydeal.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just use isthereanydeal.com

Doesnt list g2play or g2a in their deals.

Still a good website tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Allkeyshop.com is also a handy one for checking multiple stores for the cheapest prices.

Personally though ive usually found g2a and kinguin to be the cheapest sites around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've bought from G2A before. The codes worked for me and they usually say what the region restrictions are. They are legit in that they are legal but lots of publishers get butt hurt about the free market so there's some anti-competitive yap on the net about it that you can safely ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

G2A and Kinguin are marketplaces, the companies themselves don't sell the keys but act as a platform for others to sell them. So with that comes a certain amount of risk compared to shopping with more sites/platforms such as Steam, Humblebundle etc as the seller might not be genuine and out for a scam.

I've personally had no problem buying from G2A or Kinguin but just make sure to:

A) Buy from a reputable seller (i.e feedback is between 95-100%)
    B) The country they are selling from are within Europe (e.g try buy from sellers in the UK, Germany, Spain, France etc)
    C) Double check no region restrictions are on the key (should say on the page before you buy)

You should have no problem then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I use Allkeyshop to compare prices of the key sites but be careful and never buy anything from the ones with the Russian flag as you will need to use a VPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I wouldn't buy from G2A. Whether it is people with multiple accounts on facebook, for instance, or spambots, I see different accounts linking to one G2A referral link. I never have and never will buy from them. More on them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Omikron1

I've bought about 10 games off g2a a few weeks ago and all have been legit. You get to pick who you buy the code off and see they're rating so that helps. I also picked up games on another site cheap and was selling them on g2a so I got to see that side of it too. Except for the really cheap ones I had to send them a screenshot of the games and their codes from the site I bought them and for a couple of the games I had to show them the invoice. So the site do a certain amount of checking.

*Shameless plug*
    I actually set up an account with them to try out the goldmine thing. I won't put the referral link up as it would probably be spamming but I can send anyone that wants one a promo code for the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

From the link:
    I don't do business with them myself, though I was considering it at one point.

A number of keys they were selling turned out to be stolen. Likewise, I received a mail with 'helpful tips' about how to achieve best saturation with my affiliate link, including creating alternate accounts on forums to avoid being banned. :b

Washed my hands of the whole site at that point.

The spam-bot waves that kept rolling through chat a week ago, along with the constant spam-PMs (both not using affiliate links, but going to the main site for winter sales promos instead) only have solidified the impression that they're scummy as ****.

In groups I admin on facebook, every time I see a G2A referral link I'll see that same link posted by multiple facebook accounts. It's like rayban to me at this point.

Advertisement