Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disable I phone screen.

Options
  • 27-07-2015 12:40am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Don't know if I should ask in this forum or techie forum ; )

Have an 18 month old and he likes to watch programmes like peppa pig on my **iPhone**...........so I go to YouTube and find peppa pig episodes. Thing is he wants to hold phone himself and every time he does he touches screen and pauses it or minimises it etc and I have to go in and fix it again

Are there any iPhone apps that disables the screen so as to stop his hands messing things up. I think there is an android one alright but I'm looking for an iPhone one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

We had the same problem with our boy and the iPad.

It's called guided access I think? Can't remember how to set it up as hubby did it, but I'm sure a quick Google will help you out now you have the name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

It's in settings>general>accessibility> guided access

You set up a code for it. Then when you want to lock them into an app or lock the screen you triple click the home button and put your password in when prompted.

It's very handy as a teacher with a student who likes to play on their iPad. I take theirs, lock mine in and hand it over :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thanks for replies. That fixed it.

Not a very intuitive menu name though "guided access "

Advertisement