Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Greatest Honour in Irish Motorcycling?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Biker.ie wrote: »
    you've changed your post / moved the goalposts, that's not fair or appropriate behaviour for interboardal warfare, and I haven't only just registered here, I've been biding my time for the past 10 YEARS for this god given opportunity, the boardZzzie world needs to know dis $h!t and I have a moral obligation to enlighten all inter cyber dweebs like pugsilla staring blankly into a pixilated abyss like zombies with single digit IQs about how things work in the real world, none of this is real, Buswald (c) only holds you captive if you allow it to, go forth and free yourselves from the shackles of it's electronegativital energy waves and step away from 1' and 0's to reflect, if only for a brief period, on 'what have I become' ; as when your retrospective energies become an obsession and burden on the soul, rather than a path to spiritual evolution & self awareness of the actual build environment, then it is time to step away from the monitor and ponder on the reality of the above passage before it's answer hits you like an all engulfing tidal wave of your own $h!t that even you can't surf anymore.
    Don't forget the most important boards rule. "don't be a dick".

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mike923

Mike, I'm not sufficiently motivated / couldn't really be ar$ed to even look up your infractions, that's how big a ch!t I give about your 'case' , sorry if that sounds rude or unhelpful, but Chopper's word is final on these matters and I'll go along with his gut instinct in this particular instance - even if he was full of sambucas on the night in question - just kidding, but c'mon you're from Cork ffs, that's bound to aggravate and escalate any situation - at least 'pretend' you're not from there / disown all langars in order to appease the mods next time the dung starts flying.

I am who I am

The absolute effort of having to use a proxy every time I want to log on though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Anto's a legend, that is all.

I've known him for many years (long before the the forum existed), he's helped more, done more, been through more and worked on more than pretty much anyone on forums.

Don't take offence, it's all part of the craic there, if you don't like it then it's just not for you, there are many other more 'mature' sites around.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭GavPJ

amacca wrote: »

or perhaps it was because I expressed an opinion.....

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, but the majority of them stink.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mike923

bladespin wrote: »
    Anto's a legend, that is all.

I've known him for many years (long before the the forum existed), he's helped more, done more, been through more and worked on more than pretty much anyone on forums.

Don't take offence, it's all part of the craic there, if you don't like it then it's just not for you, there are many other more 'mature' sites around.

I din't mind it all the way until he banned me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'm glad I don't care what anyone thinks or does. I wave at everyone - even Beemer riders, stop for broken down Harleys and nod at scooterists. It doesn't mean I like you. Biker.ie has some **** but speaking as one of the most diligent mods on there, I will treat you with kindness and transparency provided you don't spout nonsense or radical fundamentalism related to your love of Suzuki Bandits.

BecauseMossisnttheonlyoneinITCrowd-80238.jpg

'cptr (biker.ie mod)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

This is all highly entertaining...

I'm gonna roll a doob, grab a brew, sit back & watch the Scheiße fly...fúck the popcorn :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    This is all highly entertaining...

I'm gonna roll a doob, grab a brew, sit back & watch the Scheiße fly...fúck the popcorn :pac::pac::pac:

Quite. 'Ceptoid above has been tugging the head off it while fantasizing about being a Mod over the road for years. :pac::pac::pac:

bladespin wrote: »
    Anto's a legend, that is all...

The Chopmeister General is a vengeful and beardy god who betimes can only be appeased (maybe) by copious quantities of boobage and finer examples of raked-out customs. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I'm glad I don't care what anyone thinks or does.

Why did you bother posting on here then?

No point in having a forum if you get banned for speaking your mind.

• Advertisement

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Why did you bother posting on here then?

To show you how little I care. Sheesh... :rolleyes:

'c

To show you how little I care. Sheesh... :rolleyes:

'c

A self defeating gesture. Surely ignoring this entire thread would have served that purpose.

'Zilla

jimgoose wrote: »
    Quite. 'Ceptoid above has been tugging the head off it while fantasizing about being a Mod over the road for years. :pac::pac::pac:

A month in Bumwald for you my wizzened friend, Cecil shall tear the hemorrhoids out of you this evening and it will be all the better now that we have fitted ISIS-style GoPro cameras all over the D-wing.

'c

A self defeating gesture. Surely ignoring this entire thread would have served that purpose.

I am ignoring all of the other threads here on beards.ie - its not easy being this nonchalant you know.

'c

I am ignoring all of the other threads here on beards.ie - its not easy being this nonchalant you know.

'c

Why do you do this at the end of every post?

'Zilla

A month in Bumwald for you my wizzened friend, Cecil shall tear the hemorrhoids out of you this evening and it will be all the better now that we have fitted ISIS-style GoPro cameras all over the D-wing.

'c

That reminds me, I need to resurrect jimgoose's Forlorn Over-priced Old Plank Thread just to annoy you. In fact, I need to do that regardless - it's fun. :D

'Zilla

He's the mythical Third Rubberbandit and part-time flautist with Daft Punk. It's a kind of an Ageing Hipster thing. :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    The Chopmeister General is a vengeful and beardy god

I miss the old days.

'Zilla

I started doing it in the Motors section here back in 2004 and it annoyed so many people I couldn't stop. I tried several variations in an effort to maximise the annoyance but it seems the original works best. Here's my first post in a thread from Jun 2004.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I started doing it in the Motors section here back in 2004 and it annoyed so many people I couldn't stop. I tried several variations in an effort to maximise the annoyance but it seems the original works best.

'cptr

You're spot on there!
    It is really annoying!:D

'1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

My lawnmower had a misfire once and 'Jimgoose' told me how to fix it :Dbikerie.gif

emeldc wrote: »
    My lawnmower had a misfire once and 'Jimgoose' told me how to fix it :Dbikerie.gif

Mmm, ahh, oooh-aye, that'll be a dead ferret in the airbox. Always the same. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

The biker.ie mods have re-convened and deliberated for several hours and it has now been unanimously decided upon to introduce an all-encompassing amnesty this weekend for former members expelled from the boards, whatever their infraction, in order to celebrate the ways and wonders of our esteemed leader Dr. Gudo Nishijima at this weekends zazen meditation convention for biker.ie moderator's at Tara House, nestled peacefully among the captivating hills of Cavan.

Obviously the logistics in dealing with over 6,500 banned accounts would expend valuable resources and reflection time at our Jampa Ling Buddhist Centre, so in line with Chopper's newly found Prajna-Paramita concepts in honour of the Grand Master T'an Hsu; the requirement to have a unique email address for each registered user has now been temporarily lifted as a sign of good faith, to both offset any potential misconstrual of our intentions & perceived animadversion of this kind gesture and to help alleviate concerns of belligerence that seem palpable between the lines of disharmony on these pages, so that previously excluded members of the community can once again rejoice with a second chance to join Ireland's premier biker forums and become jubilant in the virtuous seas of satori once again.

We ask that you don't disrupt the positive flow of Kundalini energy on the boards which were previously lying dormant in Buswald Penitentiary like a coiled up and fully lubed serpent seeking "awakening" for the purposes of reaching "spiritual enlightenment" with other cell mates down the b-wing.

http://www.biker.ie/forum/register.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

This is a great thread.

Very entertaining.

'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

The biker.ie mods have re-convened and deliberated for several hours and it has now been unanimously decided upon to introduce an all-encompassing amnesty this weekend for former members expelled from the boards, whatever their infraction, in order to celebrate the ways and wonders of our esteemed leader Dr. Gudo Nishijima at this weekends zazen meditation convention for biker.ie moderator's at Tara House, nestled peacefully among the captivating hills of Cavan.

Obviously the logistics in dealing with over 6,500 banned accounts would expend valuable resources and reflection time at our Jampa Ling Buddhist Centre, so in line with Chopper's newly found Prajna-Paramita concepts in honour of the Grand Master T'an Hsu; the requirement to have a unique email address for each registered user has now been temporarily lifted as a sign of good faith, to both offset any potential misconstrual of our intentions & perceived animadversion of this kind gesture and to help alleviate concerns of belligerence that seem palpable between the lines of disharmony on these pages, so that previously excluded members of the community can once again rejoice with a second chance to join Ireland's premier biker forums and become jubilant in the virtuous seas of satori once again.

We ask that you don't disrupt the positive flow of Kundalini energy on the boards which were previously lying dormant in Buswald Penitentiary like a coiled up and fully lubed serpent seeking "awakening" for the purposes of reaching "spiritual enlightenment" with other cell mates down the b-wing.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It must be getting more than 10 users logging in, site down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I read your posts in Russell brands accent. Anyone else?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 the dark ken night

mike923 wrote:
    What about in my case where I was wrongfully infracted, given Bussie for saying I was wrongfully infracted and then banned for writing in Bussie that I was wrongfully infracted..

Take it as it's meant, as a joke.......

Cienciano wrote:
    Every forum does. Biker just has a really high percentage.

Much like this forum

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote:
    Don't forget the most important boards rule. "don't be a dick".

That's most of the mods fcuked on here so

Advertisement