Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horsetail/marestail and Tarmac

Options
  • 27-07-2015 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hoping someone needs might have some advice

Got the drive tarmacadamed couple of months ago by a reputable contractors. Discovered today that the dreaded horsetail weed has pushed up through the tarmac in 2 places

I've googled, and apparently this is not unusual?

Please, any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TAZ32

I know people will say use roundup/glyphosate but that takes more effort and a lot more time, bruising the plant is needed and a wetting agent needs to be added to roundup. A better option is any product that contains MCPA, you will see results in less than a week and may need to spray again in places missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hoping someone needs might have some advice

Got the drive tarmacadamed couple of months ago by a reputable contractors. Discovered today that the dreaded horsetail weed has pushed up through the tarmac in 2 places

I've googled, and apparently this is not unusual?

Please, any advice?

Kurtail is the stuff you need, not sure where to get it though.

Advertisement