Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How could anyone be so cruel

• 27-07-2015 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

It's 2am and I can't even close my eyes. This morning was one of the most painful days of my life.

I looked out my front door this morning to see my cat dead on the driveway, just lying in the rain soaked to his skin beside my car. Devastated, I picked him up, checked him and assumed he was clipped by a car in the night and tried to run home but only made it was far as the garden. Through tears I buried him in the garden and went inside and sat by the window just hoping that my other car would be home soon.

After a few hours with no sign of my other baby I decided I'd go out looking for him and as I passed my car I see him underneath the car dead. At that minute I knew that my poor gently, kind, loving babies were purposly killed and left there.

The emergency vet said it was not poisoning it was most likely suffocation and premeditated.

What I want to know is what kinda of psycho could kill two cats let alone put them both back in my driveway. What kind of world do we live in.

R.I.P Kit & Kat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kwiecien

How could anybody be so cruel. I have cats myself and they are my beautiful furbabies.

So sorry for your loss, that is truly heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

You poor thing. I am so so sorry that this happened to your cats and to you. I can't imagine how upset and traumatised you must feel right now.

What kind of a sick, psychopathic monster would do something like this? It makes my blood boil hearing of such senseless, cold blooded monsterism.

Thinking of you OP. Stay strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope whomever did this is found and faces penalties so that you may have some closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Any issues with neighbours recently OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Absolute Scum who DoD this OP,

You poor thing. :(

Any chance you have cctv nearby (I know it's a long shot)

I hope you get to the bottom of it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭MileyReilly

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Any issues with neighbours recently OP?

No issues as such. The estate I'm in is so nice and quiet and friendly and most houses have pets. Then there's the man next door who lives alone and doesn't like the cats. Last week on an absolutely beautiful day my dog came in soaking wet. I went out the front and the man was hosing his car and had obviously sprayed my dog. That makes me half suspect him but who knows cause I can't prove anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

No issues as such. The estate I'm in is so nice and quiet and friendly and most houses have pets. Then there's the man next door who lives alone and doesn't like the cats. Last week on an absolutely beautiful day my dog came in soaking wet. I went out the front and the man was hosing his car and had obviously sprayed my dog. That makes me half suspect him but who knows cause I can't prove anything

Well I live alone and also don't particularly like cats but wouldn't do or even think of doing anything so inhumane even if a neighbours cats were somehow getting in and using my place as a litter tray.

Ask your neighbours but honestly if someone is capable of smothering two pet cats they will be more than able to chat with you and tell you how awful they think it is and how the person should be jailed/skinned alive etc.

Now the difficult question that nobody likes, were the cats a nuisance to any of the neighbours? This would never excuse what was done but would go some way to making the killing of two pet cats add up or seem like a reasonable solution in that person's mind.

I really feel for you and how you found your two pets and really do believe that people who do this type of thing are not going to hell because they quite obviously are already there, my only hope is they suffer multiples of the suffering they caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I'm devastated by what I have read! Two cats at the same time, it's obviously a deliberate killing!
    Have you ever got complains from your neighbours about your cats, or have you been reported of some complains from others?
    Has anything similar happened in the past apart from your dog sprayed?
    Have you talked to other neighbours with pets to know if some of their cats or dogs have experienced some kind of mistreatment?
    Is the man who was washing his car the only one without pets?
    RIP poor kittens! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Op - Im so sorry to read this thread. I have two cats and if anything like this happened I would be devastated.

Please report this to the Guards and the local newspapers also, advertise the face that there is a monster in your midst and perhaps someone will tell on whoever it is. It is likely that someone with this capability is known to someone, a family member of their own or a neighbour who has seen them.

I would be placing posters and leafleting the entire estate so that other pet owners are warned as well as trying to flush out the disgusting individual who did this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What a terrible thing to happen to your poor cats :( I'd call the guards and also ask around - I have a dashcam on my car that points out into the road. One of your neighbours may have a similar setup and could have caught something?

• Advertisement

Id also offer a reward for information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I am sorry to hear about your cats OP, it was a truly horrible thing to happen and I cannot imagine the bad-mindedness that would cause someone to do that.

I think you should be cautious of holding your neighbour responsible though, just on the basis of the dog being wet. Even if deliberate, a spray of a hose does not compare to killing your cats. The dog may have headed for the hose - dogs do tend to like getting wet. Or gone into the neighbour's garden and the neighbour was discouraging it, maybe the neighbour felt that the dog should not have been roaming anyway. Don't be suspicious of someone, and certainly don't share your suspicions with other neighbours, just on that basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So sorry for your loss, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm heartbroken for you OP. Nothing I can say will help. I just hope the scumbag that did this is caught and prosecuted for the sick thing they did.

Thanks for replies, it's nice to know there's a few decent people in the world but I'm still sick to my stomach.

I spoke to all neighbours and they were all sickened and saddened by it. None of them saw anything unusual. I can't blame anyone cause I have no proof and it might not have been the man next door, like someone said the person who did it could be the one giving me the most sympathy.

I never ever had a complaint about cats or the dog. If I had I would've kept them in rather than risk anything. It's just unbelievable.

Guards were here yesterday and going to the news paper today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Jeepers MileyReilly :(
    I don't know how anyone could get over such a horrible thing.
    How did the vet conclude the cause of death? He must have examined the 2nd cat?
    I feel sick to my stomach for you op... What a nightmare :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

MileyRiley that is an awful, cruel thing to have to face. No chance it might have been another animal? I would report it to the Gardai. There is a well established link between violence against animals and violence against other humans. Even if the Gardaí don't find the person responsible at least there will be a record of this incident should anything else similar in the community in the future. Take it is easy Miley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

...edit looks like you got the guards involved i didn't see your post above

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rachaell

Omg I can't believe something like that could happen. That person needs to be caught, no normal person would murder two pets like that.
    Sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Is this the same incident from Carlow that's on Facebook? OP you have my sympathies.

My cat was killed a few weeks ago in Carlow too. Sadly according to my vet there have been a lot of cases recently. Some pure scum out there.

• Advertisement

Owryan wrote: »
    Is this the same incident from Carlow that's on Facebook? OP you have my sympathies.

My cat was killed a few weeks ago in Carlow too. Sadly according to my vet there have been a lot of cases recently. Some pure scum out there.

Yes I'm in Carlow. It is all over Facebook. It has been shared in the North and all across Ireland

This is how they always were. Poor babies never even wanted to be outside, they were indoors 90% of the time. The dog is lost without them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

This is how they always were. Poor babies never even wanted to be outside, they were indoors 90% of the time. The dog is lost without them

That second picture is so cute. Mine was like that with my dog but she was an out door cat.

You're not a million miles from where i live and its kids from the area that are believed to be killing cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm sorry for you loss OP. X

You're not a million miles from where i live and its kids from the area that are believed to be killing cats.[/quote]

Sorry about your cat too. Some sick people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

That really is a sick and twisted thing to do, what possible reason is there for someone to to such a thing. You poor thing I can understand how you must be devastated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I saw this on Facebook this morning. Horrible situation.

Hope you get to the bottom of it OP. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

So sorry to hear op, as someone whose dog was poisoned a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,474 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It's 2am and I can't even close my eyes. This morning was one of the most painful days of my life.

I looked out my front door this morning to see my cat dead on the driveway, just lying in the rain soaked to his skin beside my car. Devastated, I picked him up, checked him and assumed he was clipped by a car in the night and tried to run home but only made it was far as the garden. Through tears I buried him in the garden and went inside and sat by the window just hoping that my other car would be home soon.

After a few hours with no sign of my other baby I decided I'd go out looking for him and as I passed my car I see him underneath the car dead. At that minute I knew that my poor gently, kind, loving babies were purposly killed and left there.

The emergency vet said it was not poisoning it was most likely suffocation and premeditated.

What I want to know is what kinda of psycho could kill two cats let alone put them both back in my driveway. What kind of world do we live in.

R.I.P Kit & Kat

that's awful... I can't even begin to comprehend such cruelty. What goes through the mind of someone doing that?

• Advertisement

I really hope whoever did this is caught and punished severely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

so sorry for your loss. Cat lover myself and I am sickened by what your furbabies were subjected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Sick to think an adult would do this but even worse if its kids . what hope is there for their future. ....so very sorry to hear about your gorgeous cats . I hope you can discover who's responsible and that they are duly punished .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

My blood is boiling for you OP. Sickening that someone could be so cruel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Ah Miley I am in tears reading this, how could anyone be so cruel and do this. I have no words of comfort, please be careful. Anyone who could do something like this is unhinged.

RIP Kit and Kat xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

So sad. Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what I'd do if it happened to my cats. Thinking of you. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If the kids are capable of doing that to a cat what might they do to a young child?

real psychopath behavior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

That's really horrible OP, very sorry to hear that - the person who did that indeed sounds like a psychopath; hope they are caught, as stuff like this can be a precursor to worse behaviour...

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Lost two pets myself this year due to natural causes.
    Gutted for you. Its becoming quite depressing the amount of animal cruelty stories going around lately. Sums up the world today.

Dread this ever happening to my pets. Dread what Id do to the scumbag even more. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

If the kids are capable of doing that to a cat what might they do to a young child?

real psychopath behavior

Yes, its been proven that psychopaths who kill as adults, started killing animals like cats and dogs when they were younger.

For the sake of animals and all of us, those little basta*ds need to be caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Terribly sorry for you, OP. The kind of person who could do this is a danger to the community. I hope he or she is caught and taught a lesson.

• Advertisement

Maybe contact TV3 or something - raise public awareness?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

Anger/sadness sums up how I feel about this. Keep your future cats (if you get any) indoors. PLEASE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

Was just thinking reading this thread, sounds like something that some kids with no school to keep them amused would get up to, but not normal kids that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

screamer wrote: »
    Was just thinking reading this thread, sounds like something that some kids with no school to keep them amused would get up to.

What kind of kids torture animals to death for want of amusement?

If it was children an intervention is required on several fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Was just thinking reading this thread, sounds like something that some kids with no school to keep them amused would get up to, but not normal kids that's for sure.

Ah no this is not normal behaviour for bored kids.

No, the deliberate murdering of the pets and then placing them BACK ON THEIR OWN PROPERTY to ensure the owner found them is not anything any normal child would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That is disgusting sorry you had to go through that I dread to think what it would be like if that happened to our two. I really hope you are able to find out who did this they deserve to be punished for this.

I just don't understand how someone could ever do something like that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

OP I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'd just like to say make sure you keep an eye on your dog, just in case it is some looper with a grudge against you.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

OP, I'm so sorry to hear that. My condsolences. They really are part of the family, and are a loss like any other member! And in such circumstances too.

Makes me glad that mine are always indoors, even when there are people who disapprove of that - but between accidents and scumbags and other cats, they're just far safer where I can see them.

I hope they catch the fuvkers who did this to your darlings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

So sorry OP to hear how your lovely kittys were treated! It must have been such a horrible shock I'd say you might need a bit of time to even process what has happened. It's just so awful/disturbing I don't really know what to say - I hope you can get some sleep soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement