Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How could anyone be so cruel

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

So sorry MileyReilly. I really don't think I would be able to contain my anger if something that like happened to me. Sincerest condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

No issues as such. The estate I'm in is so nice and quiet and friendly and most houses have pets. Then there's the man next door who lives alone and doesn't like the cats. Last week on an absolutely beautiful day my dog came in soaking wet. I went out the front and the man was hosing his car and had obviously sprayed my dog. That makes me half suspect him but who knows cause I can't prove anything

Sorry for your loss.
    I understand why you suspect the neighbour. My neighbours Cat poops daily in my garden. I've talked to her about it twice and she has apologised about it but offered to do nothing about it. Everytime I see the cat in my garden i try to soak it, although as soon as i open my door he's gone like a shot.
    I do not dislike cats, but i do dislike cat poop but I would never think of hurting him. I just want to discourage him from digging up my lawn and pooping on it.

I hope nothing ever happens to my neighbours Cat or I'll be number one suspect for not cleaning up cat poop on the quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

So the cats were allowed to roam free throughout your estate? While obvious cruelty such as then being killed intentionally cannot be condoned, surely it was only a matter of time before something unfortunate became of them. The road being the obvious danger there.

With them roaming free shiteing in other people's gardens and killing wildlife it would give plenty of people motive to attack them (not that that is right of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

So the cats were allowed to roam free throughout your estate? While obvious cruelty such as then being killed intentionally cannot be condoned, surely it was only a matter of time before something unfortunate became of them. The road being the obvious danger there.

With them roaming free shiteing in other people's gardens and killing wildlife it would give plenty of people motive to attack them (not that that is right of course).

Yeah but when someone's pet uses your garden as as a bathroom you shouldn't think "oh I better suffocate the animal and return it to the owner".
    Hopefully whoever committed this horrible act will be found and prosecuted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh come off it. Seriously was there any need for you to make this comment? Do you feel great now? The woman is obviously devastated that her beloved pets were killed and this is what you took the time out to say? Shame on you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oppenheimer,
    There's a time and a place for that debate.
    This thread is neither.
    A little bit of sensitivity is called for in this thread, I'd have thought that was obvious.
    Do not post in this thread again.

I'd ask all other posters not to engage with the above post by Oppenheimer1. Please remain on topic.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Disturbing and anyone who can only say something nasty to someone who has had this awful thing happen is pretty disturbed also imo.

Advertisement