Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullins Fastener

Options
  • 27-07-2015 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me. I am working on a restoration project and have come up short when looking to replace some damaged window fasteners. Initially I was searching for them by design but once the paint was stripped off they are actually brass and have Mullins Fasteners Ireland stamped on them.

The thing is not only can I find replacements but I can't even get info on the company that made them. Has anyone heard of this company? The more info I can get the more chance there is of me finding replacements. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

How old is it?
    There is no active company named “Mullins Fasteners” listed on the Register
    Have you looked here for a similar product?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

1950's. Yeah, I have tried there and many places like them. Some people recognize them but haven't seen the like for decades.

Patent 354142 is also stamped on them.

Frederick Mullins, Cork. Applied for the patent in 1930, got it in 1931.

A spring-pressed bolt 3 is provided with a hook-shaped tailpiece, the prong 3a of which engages in a hole 2c in the casing 2. Movement of the cam-shaped operating lever 6b is limited by a stop 6 or by a pin. The cam may have a flattened portion to retain the bolt in the withdrawn position and the head 4 may be formed as a latch. Specification 352,571 is referred to.

Drawing

That's great, thanks a million. Now if I could only pin down some...

Have you tried contacting these guys?

• Advertisement

Yea tried them. They never even seen them before!

Advertisement