Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email error

Options
  • 27-07-2015 8:59am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, 

Just wondering if you can provide any insight into these email errors and if there's anything I can do about them. 
    To: me
    Sent: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:49:46 +0100
    Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at eircom.net.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<user@email.com>:
    74.etc does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
    Giving up on 74.etc.

And this one
    This is an informative message sent by post.domain.ie.

The server was not able to deliver your email message 

to the following addresses:

<user@gmail.com> (smtp.eircom.net: 554 avas03.vendorsvc.cra.dub
    lin.eircom.net Cloudmark Gateway <83.etc> IP rejected [Error Code 250
    ])

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

you sure that user@gmail.com is a valid email address?

doesn't look valid to me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I edited out the real thing so as not to have it public on boards.

Have quite a few bounce backs like this, unfortunately. Trying to figure out if there's an error behind the scenes or whether these are simply bad addresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I edited out the real thing so as not to have it public on boards.

Have quite a few bounce backs like this, unfortunately. Trying to figure out if there's an error behind the scenes or whether these are simply bad addresses.
    Hi The Black Oil

The best advice we can offer in relation to email issues is to contact eircoms email support team. They can be contacted on 1890260260 however if you are not an eircom broadband customer you will have to contact them on 1530277100 (33c per min)

I'm sorry I cannot do more

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement