Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pike fishing in clare

Options
  • 27-07-2015 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

I'm going down to clare for the weekend and i wanna take my uncle out pike fishing. Hes an avid sea angler and has never caught one before. Ive got the name of a few lakes but id rather if someone had some up to date info on the lakes, or could ya put us on to a place where we'd have a good chance of getting one, as i dont want to be stuck wit the grumpy old bugger on a dead lake!! if someone can pm me some info as i know with the current situation that naming spots online is not a good idea, thanks you!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Hire a boat and go out on Lough Derg. You're almost certain to catch one there fast enough, some massive ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Hire a boat and go out on Lough Derg. You're almost certain to catch one there fast enough, some massive ones too.

Myself and a friend hired a guile for a day on derg, 1 fish caught by the skip all day and charged full price! I'll never hire a guile for any lake ever again based on that experience alone! I can blank by myself for a lot cheaper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Myself and a friend hired a guile for a day on derg, 1 fish caught by the skip all day and charged full price! I'll never hire a guile for any lake ever again based on that experience alone! I can blank by myself for a lot cheaper!!

don't let that experience put you off getting a gillie. If the gillie himself only caught one fish, then the going must have been tough. Even if you didn't catch anything, did you learn any new techniques?
    I'm going down to clare for the weekend and i wanna take my uncle out pike fishing. Hes an avid sea angler and has never caught one before. Ive got the name of a few lakes but id rather if someone had some up to date info on the lakes, or could ya put us on to a place where we'd have a good chance of getting one, as i dont want to be stuck wit the grumpy old bugger on a dead lake!! if someone can pm me some info as i know with the current situation that naming spots online is not a good idea, thanks you!!

for pike/ferox on corrib and conn, look no further ;)
    https://www.facebook.com/tomi.guidedfishing?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

thanks lads... any info on the lakes round corofin...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Michael Cleary has a B&B in Corafin. He is ex fisheries board and he has boats to hire on local lakes. I think most of his clients are pikers. I am sure that he will look after you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

thanks you...i googled it and have have his number so ill ring him

Advertisement