Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

June's Games revealed:

Witcher 3 :Game of the Year
    Team SOnic Racing
    Sonic Mania
    Sonic Forces
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showtown (first time we had a PS Plus double dip on the same month)
    Car Mechanic
    Slay the Spire (until 6th December)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Niska wrote: »

June's Games revealed:

Witcher 3 :Game of the Year
    Team SOnic Racing
    Sonic Mania
    Sonic Forces
    Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showtown (first time we had a PS Plus double dip on the same month)
    Car Mechanic
    Slay the Spire (until 6th December)

Full blog
    https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/31/playstation-now-games-for-june-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-virtua-fighter-5-slay-the-spire/

Worth noting W3 is timed as well, only 3 months, is that long enough for this beast of a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing Virtua Fighter there, I'd be curious about how many PS Now subscribers don't have Plus? I'd imagine very few, if any

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Just bought witcher 3 so that sucks. But team sonic racing could be some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seeing Virtua Fighter there, I'd be curious about how many PS Now subscribers don't have Plus? I'd imagine very few, if any

Well, as of March 2021 there were 109 million active monthly PS accounts, 47.6 million PS+ users, and only 3.2 million PS Now subs. And the PS+ sub below half of active accounts. I would also be of the opinion that anyone who has Now also has Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Well, as of March 2021 there were 109 million active monthly PS accounts, 47.6 million PS+ users, and only 3.2 million PS Now subs. And the PS+ sub below half of active accounts. I would also be of the opinion that anyone who has Now also has Plus.

I don't have plus but I have Now....never had an interest in gaming online at all, PS Now provides me with a few nice games every now and then so is worth the subscription I feel.

This is where I think people (unintentionally) give PS+ a disservice by saying it's for playing online. Yeah, it is, but you also get 3 free games every month too. I'm waiting for the day they bundle them into one PS product. But I'm of the opinion that they both pay for themselves within no time. It's why I don't mind paying full whack on auto-renew, at least until a week after when the deals happen. Should buy myself a month of Plus and Now just to extend them to auto renew in June instead of May, might actually make me buy them cheaper.

Rumours of strong month for July, including Nioh 2, GoW, RDR2, Judgement and Moving Out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1412064162725965825?s=19

Full list
    Red Dead Redemption 2 until November 2nd
    Nioh 2
    Moving Out
    God of War
    Judgement until October 4th
    Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
    Nascar Heat 5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brilliant. A Great month as the only one I've played is God of War.

• Advertisement

Noice, have been holding off on Judgement, delighted that is on it. Might even give RDR2 another go. Is it timed?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Noice, have been holding off on Judgement, delighted that is on it. Might even give RDR2 another go. Is it timed?

Yeah. Think it leaves again start of November.

Games now live. Brilliant selection this month. Looking forward to both Judgement and RDR2. Also have an inclin to give the Olympic game a bash with the real event upcoming, not a game I would pay for so perfect it's on Now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah. Think it leaves again start of November.

That'll let you get about half way through the game so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Just cancelled PS Now only 2 weeks ago....may redeem the subscription again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Much better than the Plus selection this month anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

PSNow really seems to have gotten its act together the last couple months.

Posted this on another thread but thought might be handy for people in here to see it too...

On games leaving PSNow, the link below is really useful

https://www.countdownplusevents.com/users/playstationnow

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got the 7 day trial today and will renew for 1 month. Lots of games that i want to get from September on so just need something for a month and tbh, for a tenner, i already have a few games downloaded that will be completely worth it.

Gonna tip away at Judgment, finally get to try world war z, OlliOlli for when i have a quick 10 minutes to play and a list of other games on my first browse through.

I saw a video of Car Simulator 21 yesterday and noticed CS 18 is part of Now so gave it a go. Love the idea of it but you'd really want a few hours to sit down and go through every part of the car and garage to get your head around it so uninstalled it and onto the next. Insert meme *can't hold all these games*

WWE 2K19

Xcom Enemy Unknown

Deadlight

Everybody's Golf/Golf Club 2019

Spec ops: The Line

• Advertisement

I got a good many hours from CS2018. Still have it installed. You need to keep doing jobs to build up the garage and the panel repair and paint booth are nearly the last 2 to unlock. I think I've close to 40 hours and still about 6-7 away from unlocking them. Annoying thing is that you get jobs requesting repairs on panels, which you can only replace and you send back a car in half coloured, half matte new panels. Doesn't affect payment, just annoying. Interesting game though, gave me a better understanding and appreciation of mechanics work! Also built a beast of a yoke, without slick tyres she spins into 4th. I'd like if they teamed up with a decent racing IP to crossover, would be mad to properly drive/race the cars you built.

Decided to finally give PS Now a shot, as I had a hankering to play MGS4 again.

My Internet is pretty good (40mb+), but it was stuttery, with sound cuts and terrible fps.

Is it usually like this?

That's your PlayStation doing you a favour and trying to make you play something else :)

Yeah, i found that with PS3 games alright, been only playing ps4 games (downloading them) for the last few days. Last ps3 game i played, Arkham Origins was stuttery as well, really annoying with freeflow combat.

Hey! I mean.... it's true, but you don't have to say it!

Nah been watching some of the guys on Kinda Funny play MGS1, it's got me all nostalgic. But I've probably played 1-3 enough, and Phantom Pain is so different to the rest that I said I might give 4 another playthrough. Doesn't seem worth it if it's going to play like that though.

Was going to play the story of Mortal Kombat 9 too, but also doesn't seem worth it. Might just stick to whatever PS4 games are on it and download them directly.

I was actually tempted to try the mgs hd collection to play Peace Walker as i never got the chance before and the mother base management sounds good but apparently it's much better in TPP. PW looks fairly aged as well.

Not feeling Judgment, just like the first time i played it and WWZ is great but currently 7.50 on sale so gonna get that. Other than that, out of a bunch of games i played over the last few days, the only one that's sticking with me is wwe 2k19 which is weird as I'm not a wrestling fan. Saying that, there isn't enough to interest me for the next month, nevermind longer.

Absolutely agree PS Now should be bundled with Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Played Judgement for about 4 hours. Im not getting into it.

Controls are a bit chunky and its not grabbing my attention.

Tried Nier Automata and had enough after about an hour.

RDR2 i am really enjoying though.

Also Detroit become human was very good.

Advertisement