Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,150 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

1 month of ps now for a euro on the PlayStation Store. Offer available for the weekend only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

Just to add the small print

Offer ends August 22. Limit one per user. Not available to existing subscribers. Full terms apply: https://playstation.com/legal/now1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In time for the Black Panther mission for Avengers. Played the rest of the game last time I got Now on offer. Though think that was on my US account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'm fairly sure Avengers is no longer on Now, was a time limited game for the service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Great, gives me an opportunity to play undertale for a euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭The Phantom Pain

So I played my first PS NOW game, Infamous 2, and so far...yikes. The streaming quality is, as you guys say, cat. Between the admittedly clunky controls and bad graphics (I sometimes forget how far graphics have come) and the poor streaming quality it's really tough on the senses. On top of that, not even a minute out of it and the game was already threatening to close the app and tbh... I let it. Not sure if I'll finish Infamous 2 or any PS Now game. I've already paid for the year but this will be my first subscription and my last.

I played Heavenly Sword on my US sub when I had it and found no issues apart from slight lag in button responses occasionally. Of course that could've been in the disc version as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've only been playing PS4 games but will be trying Xcom 1 this month which lag won't really matter. It did playing Arkham Origins though, kind of ruined it for me.

I'm not getting any lag but the resolution absolutely sucks. Apparently Fallout 3 and Red Dead Redemption looks like shite too.

Rather than threatening to quit the app when the player *gasp* presses the pause button they should let you download all the games on there. I paid for the subscription so it's a bit of a cheek to rush my playtime.

I've downloaded Dead Island definitive edition as i loved the first but never played Riptide. I'm sure it will be **** compared to dying light but worth a shot. Also downloaded The Long Dark as it sounds very interesting but survival games can be bit and miss with me.

For streaming, i have Saints Row 2 and Xcom Enemy unknown. Not too shabby for 1 euro for the next month.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately they can't let you download because the PS4 and PS5 can't play PS3 games so you're basically playing on a virtual PS3.

I'm sorry but I don't believe Sony when they say PS3 is not compatible with PS5. Everybody's just accepted that answer but I think it's a scam to make those who don't own a PS3 to subscribe to PSNow. That's why they wanted to close down the old stores a while back. How the hell can they boast these games being available on PSNow with such atrocious image quality and why haven't long time subscribers said anything?

I mainly play ps4 games on psnow, all those are downloadable so streaming quality isn't an issue then. The two ps3 games that spring to mind I played ate Saints Row 2 and Red Dead Redemption 1. SR2 is a lot of fun, laugh out loud chaos, gave up about half through tho due to the old control system doing my head in, stream quality not an issue. Played RDR1start to finish, no streaming issues and loved every bit of it, great game, especially if you stick to story and ignore the open world fluff. Graphically they're dated by today's standards, but when the gameplay is good you soon forget and sucked in

Speaking of RDR, it's bizarre that there's no classic GTA's, Max Payne's, Bully or Manhunt. PS Now seems ripe for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Why would they single out the ps3, a console two generations old, to not be able to emulate? That makes zero sense. The ps3 had a completely different architecture that's very difficult to emulate.

The image quality is fine for me when streaming. It scales based on your connection.

I can get over dated graphics but the resolution for infamous 2 is really bad. Feels like my eyes are going and I can't play it for long because it's so blurry. :( I'm sure it doesn't look this bad downloaded on the PS3. Anyway, I've stopped playing it for now and moved on to the 2016 Sherlock Holmes. A breath of fresh air lol

Dead Island difficulties edition is just the first game and it plays awful compared to dying light, can't stick with it. SR 2 looks a laugh but it's sooooo old, it's unplayable for me. Very laggy as well. It has given me an itch to pick up SR 3 remaster though but will hold out for the new SR news on Wednesday. Leaves me with Long Dark and Xcom. Also find give Surviving Mars a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,892 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Got the notion to give the free trial a go when I saw Tokyo 2020 was on it

Jesus Christ the streaming makes me nauseous honestly. My Internet would be decent but this is horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've never complained about the streaming because I don't stream games. I never got Now to play PS1-3 era games, I got it to play the PS4 era games I never played. Because of graphics, I actually can't go back much further. Some games were exempt, like the Legacy of Kain series, but in general going backwards usually just ended up ruining my memories of the games, because in my memories they were 4k 60FPS! Even going from a properly optimised for the PS5 game back to the PS4 version is upping my self imposed elitism!

I do acknowledge that for other people, playing older games is fun, but I always think that instead of playing an older, worse looking and most likely badly controlled game, I could be playing something new instead.

Was looking through PSNow games and see Asura's Wrath for PS3. I think it's bad they don't include the DLC since the full ending is included in that and it's not like you can buy and play the DLC without a PS3 and a copy of the game. Be different if you could still purchase the DLC from the PS4/5 and play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,385 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Although MGS4 was a bit of a stuttery mess when I tried playing it a few weeks ago, I jumped into MGS3 tonight and it's actually playing like a dream.

Aw my sub is gonna lapse before FF 8 remaster, wouldn't have minded playing that.

Yay.........

Don't know if I want my first experience of some of those games to be on PS Now to be honest. I am currently forcing myself through Infamous 2 again and I really regret choosing that game as the first one on PS Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I used to get a fair bit of lag streaming psnow games.

Then I used a wired connection instead of wifi.

I could count on one hand the amount of stutters or lags ive noticed in the last 6 months of having it wired into the router.

Night and day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,385 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm considering doing the same with a homeplug thing (as router is in another room). No stutters Wednesday night but was a bit more glitchy last night.

I tried with a home plug at first and there was still lag. Not as bad as the wifi lag, but noticeable enough to be annoying.

It was only once it was wired directly into the router that the lag totally went away.

• Advertisement

Rumoured line up for September. We'll know for sure tomorrow

Tekken 7 (already in the US)

Killing Floor 2

Windbound

Ghost of a Tale

Moonlighter

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Final Fantasy 7 (original)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Tweet unavailable Eoin.

What did it say? 🙂

Ah i'll finally get to play a Tekken game in years!

Rumoured leak -

Last if Us Part II

Fallout 76

Desperados III

FF VII (which was known)

Yet another Zombie Defence

• Advertisement

Lame from Sony, if true. It's likely that most people interested in playing The Last of Us 2 already have it.

I think Now and Plus is showing that with the end of the previous generation Sony has squeezed about all they can when it comes to giving away "free" good games. It will take a few years before Plus and Now actually get good again (well, in the former's case anyway; the latter has never been good).

TLOU2 would be a very welcome addition. I played through once and traded in.

Would be interested in playing through again.

I bought the last of us 2 day before yesterday. I should have waited :)

Last of Us II

Fallout 76

Desperados III

Ff VIII

Another Zombie thingy

Victor Vran: Overkill edition

Amnesia collecton

Surprised with TLOU2, and no date on it so seems permanent. Was about to download it, but don't think I'm in the mood for something like that.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Delighted with the TLOU 2 as I haven't played it yet. I'm one of the few people that never pays full price for a game so I'm always happy when a big game gets put on PS Now. Amnesia collections looks good too.

Rumours Mafia 1 Definitive edition and Celeste part of Nov games. Should be confirmed early next week

Bit slim - the only non rumoured one is Totally Reliable Delivery Service and that looks like a mobile port.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Thats great, was gonna buy Mafia anyways pretty soon so i may aswell pay the 9.99 and cancel after the month for it

Mafia is class, played it when re released but probably give it another bash. Note its time limited to end of Feb.

Heard a lot of great things of Celeste so even though the other two don't interest me it's a good month overall

December games confirmed as GTA 3 (time limited), FFxx2, John Wick Hex and Spitlings. Not the most inspiring month tbh

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/12/06/playstation-now-games-for-december-gta-iii-the-definitive-edition-john-wick-hex-ff-x-x-2-hd-remaster-and-spitlings/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So GTA III is available on Now and even though it’s a PS4 game you cannot download it, only stream. What a load of ****!

You can easily see that they are killing psplus in the spring. I doubt any good games will be added between now and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement