Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts missing randomly in topics

Options
  • 27-07-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

In the last 30 minutes or so, posts seem to be randomly disappearing and then reappearing.
    It shows new posts in the topic list (in my forums or the regular view) but when you click on the topic the posts can be missnig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I'm having the same issue. In fact when I clicked on this very thread I got an error: "404 - page not found".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm getting the same. Posting in topics and when it redirects to the page there's no post there. But when I page refresh the post has posted successfully.

Also, where's the post and thread of the day gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Having the same issue also phantom follow thread notifications on threads already checked. The notification pops up for 5-10 seconds then disappears despite no action taken. Its like its taking the site a few seconds to refresh after actions and its not recognising them for a bit. If I refresh a page the comment I have just made pops up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Yeah its been happening on and off for a couple of weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I got 1 PM this morning and I must have received about 20 pop ups about it since logging in. Every time I click on a new page or thread up comes the PM notice again.

Also some threads are showing as being unread when in fact they have been read and posts seem to be missing here and there.

Im running Vista and using FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This happened for me a couple of weeks ago. Looks a lot like a replication issue. Not sure what DB architecture boards is using any more, but if it's some kind of master/master replication then it looks like there's some delay between.

My PM pop ups have stopped now thankfully and I think the other issues look to be sorted also.

Getting email notifications of new posts but when I go to the forum the post isnt showing.

Posts are a bit all over the place when they are visible, sometimes showing as read and sometimes unread when in fact the opposite is true.

Running vista and browser is FF.

Edit/ after clicking submit on this post it didnt show up in the thread and I had to refresh the page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Is boards gone haywire for anyone else?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement