Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Glanmire Road & flooding

Options
  • 27-07-2015 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All

I am looking at renting a house near very close to the train station.

Is there area a flood risk ?

I don’t seem to remember ever hearing that he train station flooded or that part of the lower Glanmire road is a flood risk

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Heroin addicts, burglaries and general anti social behavior would be a greater concern on the LGR than flooding. I wouldn't rent any ground floor house/apt down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

Is it really that bad :eek:

golfdiva wrote: »
    Is it really that bad :eek:

Just keep your wits about you and you will be fine, The area is quiet small so you'll know who's who after a while. Its the scabby houses divided into even scabbier bedsits that contains the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Well I remember there was a murder there with the body found outside the front garden of one of the houses a few years back.

Also when getting the bus through there a couple of years back I saw a man with a sledgehammer approaching another guy and the guards trying to stop him.

I still get the bus regularly into the city and some of the characters I've seen getting on/off there make the zombies in the walking dead look fresh. I'd avoid like the plague.

The house is within a stones throw of the train station so its really close to town which is very handy for me.

Is there a specific part that's to be avoided ?

I have been up there a few times visiting and it seems ok during the day.

Traffic is very busy though!

• Advertisement

The houses past the station on the right hand side of the footpath appear to be ok.

The houses past the station on the right hand side of the footpath appear to be ok.

Yeah thats them :), Im suprised to hear the area is so bad though. Most of the houses in that row look in good condition.

I dont think they are converted into flats or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I walk that way at night pretty often and have never seen or had any issues. The area is pretty grim but not as bad as made out here. Never seen it flood, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

i've lived here for a year and a half and haven't come across trouble once, I walk regularly to and from town and would walk home after pubs/club. Area does look a bit dreary but otherwise no issues, haven't been flooded either and I live right by the river

probably jinxed it now, i'll get jumped and flooded before week is up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

There's an area just before you come to water street (on the right hand side when coming into the city) called Rockgrove Terrace I think, absolute dive of a place - plenty of anti - social behaviour going on there - all you have to do is Google the place. In general, past the train station it might not be too bad, but I wouldn't rent there myself. It's very run down, which would put me off and not a lot going on there at night. But like another poster said, keep your wits about you and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement