Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tablet/lapop can of worms...

• 27-07-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

after ridiculous amounts of research and indecision i thought i would seek some advice on here in relation to which tablet to go for - i know that what i really want is a Surface Pro 3 but the budget (€600 max) is nowhere near enough even for a basic model.

My situation:
    I use bogstandard 15" laptop for work and take this with me while travelling for work (around 10-20 times a year) - mainly for Netflix if im honest :) but also catching up on emails/Word editing/powerpoint/browsing etc - just need a lightweight 'replacement'!
    My wife uses my laptop at home for online CPDs, browsing, emails, medium word processing, online courses etc therefore another reason we need a second device so we argue a bit less than normal:D
    I have never owned a tablet before so i am a complete novice in relation to the limitations and day to day working with one - i appreciate they are not designed for heavy word processing but i would imagine with a decent bluetooth keyboard they would function ok (medium use)?

Thoughts so far:
    After much research, i have narrowed the search down to either the Samsung Galaxy Tab S and the Ipad Air 2 - are there any others that i should include alongside either of these? From what i gather the Samsung has an extendable memory but the Ipad comes fixed with what you order so that is swaying me towards the Tab S. Also, i am wary of compatibility issues transferring files from an Apple device to a Windows based laptop - maybe this is unfounded?

I would also appreciate any experience that tells me to save a bit more and get the Surface Pro 3 (or not!)

Thanks
    PK

Advertisement