If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter 5.1 av receiver

Options
  • 27-07-2015 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi Richersounds, Im just looking for an entry level 5.1 av receiver for a projector in the mancave. The YAMAHA RXV377 and ONKYO TXSR333 seem like good options.Ive been tracking some receivers on ebay etc,but notice that occasionally ye seem to be able to offer special prices/or have open box units at discount,so checking if ye have anything there at the moment? If not,no worries. Based near Limerick btw.

Thanks,
                 Pat.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

MackPaddy wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds, Im just looking for an entry level 5.1 av receiver for a projector in the mancave. The YAMAHA RXV377 and ONKYO TXSR333 seem like good options.Ive been tracking some receivers on ebay etc,but notice that occasionally ye seem to be able to offer special prices/or have open box units at discount,so checking if ye have anything there at the moment? If not,no worries. Based near Limerick btw.

Thanks,
                 Pat.
    Hi MackPaddy.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We currently have a RXV377 in open box which I could offer for £169.95 instead of £179.95. Unit was opened to show a customer and is 100% complete with original box and all bits.
    A NEW one would cost £179.95 + £6.99 Shipping or 269.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)

No 333 in open box at the moment but a NEW one is coming in at £169.95 + £6.99 Shipping or 249.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)

We also have a Denon AVRX2100 in Open box (100% as new) which I could go £229.95 + £6.99 shipping or 329.99 Euro (Inc Delivery).

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

Thanks,
                 Pat.
    Hi MackPaddy.

We currently have a RXV377 in open box which I could offer for £169.95 instead of £179.95. Unit was opened to show a customer and is 100% complete with original box and all bits.

No 333 in open box at the moment but a NEW one is coming in at £169.95 + £6.99 Shipping or 249.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)

We also have a Denon AVRX2100 in Open box (100% as new) which I could go £229.95 + £6.99 shipping or 329.99 Euro (Inc Delivery).

Thanks Kenny,

I like the ONKYO (bluetooth feature v.handy) but it looks like that model has been discontinued from ONKYO. It looks like its being replaced by SR 343 ? So Im just wondering would ye have any idea when that model would be stocked etc? Im not in any major rush,so I could wait a few weeks etc

Thanks,
                   Pat.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Pat

Unfortunately we don't have any dates for the new 343 but I will chase it up for you and let you know when we hear anything about them

Cheers
    Brian

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks,
                 Pat.
    Hi MackPaddy.

Thanks Kenny,

I like the ONKYO (bluetooth feature v.handy) but it looks like that model has been discontinued from ONKYO. It looks like its being replaced by SR 343 ? So Im just wondering would ye have any idea when that model would be stocked etc? Im not in any major rush,so I could wait a few weeks etc

Thanks,
                   Pat.
    I'm not sure that the 343 will be far better than the 333 to be honest - and its launching at £100 more than the 333 current price of £149 - if it was me and you were on a super tight budget I'd deffo pop for the TXSR333 at the £149 price point - if you has a few extra quid to splash about the new Denon AVRX520 is great value at just £199.95 ( and its BT ready) http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201463-avrx520bt.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  me I'd grab one of the last 333's and

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks lads for the info/advice. Yeah, with first baby on the way,the budget for non essential purchases is super tight unfortunately :),but the Denon AVRX520 does seem like a good value for money. So If ye have one Il take it. Whats the handiest way to proceed? Call / Buy online etc?

Thanks,
               Pat.     

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for the info/advice. Yeah, with first baby on the way,the budget for non essential purchases is super tight unfortunately :),but the Denon AVRX520 does seem like a good value for money. So If ye have one Il take it. Whats the handiest way to proceed? Call / Buy online etc?

Thanks,
               Pat.     
    HI Pat, thanks for the post.

We have this one in stock so you could certainly order via the web, or if you prefer, either give us a call on 0044333 900 0077 opt2 or drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll get it sorted for you

cheers
    Brian

Purchase completed.Happy days! I don't suppose theres any chance of expecting the unit before Weekend?It would be great to be able to setup/play with over Bank hol weekend?

Purchase completed.Happy days! I don't suppose theres any chance of expecting the unit before Weekend?It would be great to be able to setup/play with over Bank hol weekend?
    Thanks Pat, Many thanks for your order. Iit has just popped through to me there, so i'll get it processed. All being well it should ship out to you this afternoon, and most deliveries leaving from Belfast going to ROI would be next day so you should get it tomorrow, if not Friday

Any problems/issues please let me know
    Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.