Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation help needed 15th Aug

Options
  • 27-07-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to book accom. in Kilkenny for one night the 15th Aug. for 4 people. Everywhere I've tried so far are completely booked out- all the hotels, bnbs, self catering.

I know Kilkenny must be very busy this time of year, but would anyone have any suggestions where to look that mightn't be on the main booking websites and I might of overlooked.

Preferably in the city or close enough to get a taxi into city.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Might be a bit far but the Stephouse in Borris or Lord Bagenal are both lovely hotels about 15-20 mins away. Outside of the city, they'd be the next closest hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Some places such as the Springhill Hotel and Kilkenny House Hotel (glorified b&b imo) currently have availability if you're willing to stay (or at least pay) for their 2 night minimum stay policy.
    The arts festival is on that week so there is probably extra demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Dolmen Hotel on the Kilkenny Rd in Carlow? Maybe 25 mins in a taxi e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Have you looked on Air BNB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

road_high wrote: »
    Might be a bit far but the Stephouse in Borris or Lord Bagenal are both lovely hotels about 15-20 mins away. Outside of the city, they'd be the next closest hotels.

Stephouse will be closed on August the 15th due to the annual, Borris Fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Stephouse will be closed on August the 15th due to the annual, Borris Fair.

Forgotten about the annual bomb site!
    Quite a loss to them, I'd say lots would stay there for the Kk Arts Festival if Accomodation is at such a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jmc1243

Thanks everyone for ye're help, I found two rooms in the city centre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

I wouldn't recommend Kilkenny House Hotel to a Tipp Man even. Owner was the rudest man I ever met!

Advertisement