Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to access UPC on digital tv.

Options
  • 27-07-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm currently renting a house that has UPC wired into multiple rooms and the main internet and UPC tv box in the sitting room. I want to be able to get UPC in another room with an EPG on the digital tv. I have to cable plugged directly into the tv and i can receive about 17 analog channels such as mtv, nickledeon but for the digital channels they're all scrambled and a message appears on the screen saying no ci module. The landlord takes care of the UPC so I don't want to ring them up looking for multiroom. I just want to see if there is a way i could get these 15 or so channels on the tv with a guide or even better if i could somehow get more channels too it would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Legally there is only one way call upc and signup for multiroom

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The landlord is clearly the account holder so the only solution is to ask him/her to order multiroom and add it to the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Alternatively, if you can get the MyUPC account login details from the landlord you could avail of Horizon Go.

http://www.upc.ie/television/horizon-go/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

UPC don't supply a CAM (the "CI Module" its looking for), so despite your TV seeing them you'd still need a box. And a card, which you have to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

A rental accommodation can have multiple accounts. If there is already a wall box you wouldn't even need the landlord permission as there would be no need to run a cable.

The 25 quid deal at the moment is pretty good IMHO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement