Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perch in tipp

Options
  • 27-07-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all just hoping someone can point me in the direction of some perch fishing in Tipperary/limerick. Basically looking for someplace with decent numbers to do some light weight spinning for perch maybe some small jacks aswel. Any advice is much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mr.b18

Mr.b18 wrote: »
    Hi all just hoping someone can point me in the direction of some perch fishing in Tipperary/limerick. Basically looking for someplace with decent numbers to do some light weight spinning for perch maybe some small jacks aswel. Any advice is much appreciated thanks.

Even a rough area would be great or even the name of a river thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Tippjohn

Apart from Lough Derg which is Vast I don't think there are any places where you will catch them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Lough Gur. Full of Perch and Rudd. They will attack any spinner. I caught a perch there last week on a pike lure that was bigger than the fish it caught :-/ Only fishable from a boat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mr.b18

Yes derg would be too vast for me having no experience fishing it. I know there in some in the suir but no great numbers that I know of plus use of spinner not allowed.

Lough gur sounds like the place I was looking for pity about needing a boat.

Thanks for replys so far lads

You could chance it from the bank but you will definitely need chest waders to get in past the weeds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

i used to catch hundreds of perch every summer on the shannon behind UL. that was 15 years ago. Also the pumphouse in annacotty but I think that is closed now. O Brien Bridge as well. there not in tipp mind you....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joeyturbo

Fished Lough gur yesterday an caught about 25 perch on maggots. Fished of the bank. Very weedy tho. No rudd or roach which i tough was odd as thatlake was fall of them last year. Plenty of big splashes about the lake.

joeyturbo wrote:
    Fished Lough gur yesterday an caught about 25 perch on maggots. Fished of the bank. Very weedy tho. No rudd or roach which i tough was odd as thatlake was fall of them last year. Plenty of big splashes about the lake.

I was surprised myself as there is supposed to be more rudd than anything else but all I kept catching was perch. They are mad for mepps spinners but I keep getting snagged on the weed and losing gear so not going back.

You'd need a boat really and even at that I'd say you'd still get snagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joeyturbo

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I was surprised myself as there is supposed to be more rudd than anything else but all I kept catching was perch. They are mad for mepps spinners but I keep getting snagged on the weed and losing gear so not going back.

You'd need a boat really and even at that I'd say you'd still get snagged.

Yeah i fished itlast september and all i was catchin was rudd an roach with about two perch. I was told by an old fella there ment to be restockin the lake at some stage.

joeyturbo wrote:
    Yeah i fished itlast september and all i was catchin was rudd an roach with about two perch. I was told by an old fella there ment to be restockin the lake at some stage.

Re stocking with what? They should do a proper job on the weeds and make it in to a good fishing lake

• Advertisement
Advertisement