Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iStick Coils

Options
  • 27-07-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Recently bought a 50w iStick moved from an aspire. Can't believe how fast the thing goes through juice.

Anyways apologies if this has alread been asked but where can I buy replacement coils for it? Is there a Fastech link for the coils I need.

What Ohms should I be getting?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

The istick is the battery whereas the coils go in the clearomiser/tank and is more of a factor on how much juice you'll use. What clearo/tank did you get with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Be very careful when looking for cheap coils. There a plenty of them available out there but they are genuinely terrible. Im still having nightmares about the taste :eek:

Gearbest and Fasttech stock them. Usually described as "Aspire styled" or "Kanger styled". Avoid completely.

If you want to save money have a look at rebuilding coils, devices like the Ego One give you the option of rebuilding their stock coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

The istick is the battery whereas the coils go in the clearomiser/tank and is more of a factor on how much juice you'll use. What clearo/tank did you get with it?

Not entirely sure would have to look at the box. Bought it from Purplebox in town.

It does say Kangertech on it though:D

They look very similar to this at the mo

http://purplebox.ie/collections/electronic-cigarette-accessories-coils/products/kangertechsubtankocccoilunit

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Not entirely sure would have to look at the box. Bought it from Purplebox in town.

It does say Kangertech on it though:D

They look very similar to this at the mo

http://purplebox.ie/collections/electronic-cigarette-accessories-coils/products/kangertechsubtankocccoilunit

Recently had the same issue... Took me nearly two weeks and three new coils to discover what the actual problem was.... That is....if it is the subtank mini that you are using?

The standard 0.5ohm and 1.2ohm coils that came with the subtank mini are designed so as the coil inside was designed out in a horizontal fashion with a very small hole on the side of the coil. I found that the device was burning extremely hot with these coils, ... to the point that i couldnt smoke it at all because it felt similar to trying to breathe in a house-fire!!!!

I eventually discovered the new 1.5ohm coils which are not coming included in the standard box when you buy. These are remade so as the inner coil is layed out vertically and with a much bigger hole on the side. Only got mine today and the difference is amazing... I am vaping it all day up to 15watts with my iStick 30watt and the difference is absolutely amazing. A nice cool vape with right amount of vapour production. This new design coil will set you back about 3.50 euros. I couldnt go back to the old stock coils after trying this one today.

Ill post a link to the coil I am talking about here, it should solve your problem:

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/534-kanger-occ-subtank-coil-head.html

Its the "upgraded 1.5ohm coil" you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

subscriber wrote: »
    Ill post a link to the coil I am talking about here, it should solve your problem:

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/534-kanger-occ-subtank-coil-head.html

Its the "upgraded 1.5ohm coil" you need...

Do you know if the upgraded coil fits the Kanger Subtank Nano as well? It only lists the Subtank Plus and the Subtank Mini...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

pueblo wrote: »
    Do you know if the upgraded coil fits the Kanger Subtank Nano as well? It only lists the Subtank Plus and the Subtank Mini...

That much, I don't know unfortunately as its the mini I'm using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Coil should fit the nano as far as I know, it's the rba deck that won't fit the nano

Advertisement