Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I register a business under a business

Options
  • 27-07-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Because I cannot find the correct sub-forum I used this one.
    Please move it if needed.

I have registered an Irish company business name, which will be the parent company.
    Under this Parent company I want to register a different company business name.
    How can I make sure when I register the business name that the parent company will "own" this business?

For extra info, the parent company will never trade under its own name.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to E&BM

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Are you registered as a sole trader or a LTD?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Just have the parent company register the business name of the child and they will own the IP

It can be registered at CRO.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Just put the name of the business owner as the company name instead of your name. Same form "Registration of business name"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I know, I already have my business name (pedant company) just looking for a way for a second business owned by the parent company instead of me

• Advertisement

delahuntv wrote:
    Just put the name of the business owner as the company name instead of your name. Same form "Registration of business name"

Sorry I misread.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Asmooh wrote: »
    I know, I already have my business name (pedant company) just looking for a way for a second business owned by the parent company instead of me

A business name is not a company so it cannot become a "parent company". A business name cannot own anything.
    Read HERE

Can I change my business name to TLD? if yes do I need to invest a XX amount of money? or do I need to earn a special amount?

Advertisement