Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Order- Insufficient Funds

Options
  • 27-07-2015 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I pay my UPC bill by SO each month. However, last week I had insufficient funds in my current account to pay the bill. I now have enough in the account to pay the bill.

My query is Do I call the bank to tell them to try again or does the bank automatically see that there are funds available and process the SO or is it up to UPC to do something.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

JSMD wrote: »
    Hi,

I pay my UPC bill by SO each month. However, last week I had insufficient funds in my current account to pay the bill. I now have enough in the account to pay the bill.

My query is Do I call the bank to tell them to try again or does the bank automatically see that there are funds available and process the SO or is it up to UPC to do something.

Thanks.
    Hi JSMD,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

It will be necessary to contact UPC directly to arrange an alternative payment. Please note that when a standing order goes unpaid on your account on the day that it is due, it will not be requested again. 

Just to mention if this is a SEPA Direct Debit payment and not a Standing Order, the payment may be requested again by UPC on another date, it would be best to contact UPC to check if this is the case. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement