Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor For PC(photo editing) and PS3/4

Options
  • 27-07-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting rid of the TV I use for the playstation and get a monitor so I can start doing some photo editing with photshop and DPP.

I Currently have a 32" LG full HD TV and connecting the laptop to it via HDMI does not give the best picture or colours for any sort of photo editing.

I may be getting a small dedicated PC for the photo work so will have the choice of a DVI , Display port or HDMI for the PC and will maybe 2x HDMI for the PS3 and mybe PS4 in the future.

Can i get some reccomendations of say reasonably priced monitor around the same size maybe 27" and up that would suit my photoshop and gaming needs .

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

Do you have a budget in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭pob1

I have a budget of max 400

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Get an IPS for photo editing best colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vade

Although it's a drop from the 27" you were after the Dell UltraSharp U2515H is a good monitor at the price. It has two HDMI inputs for your PS3 and PS4 and Display Port assuming your graphics card has a Display Port.

If you can manage to extend the budget a little the BenQ GW2765HT would be a great choice.

Thanks for the advice vade , I had actually just put the BenQ monitor on my amazon wishlist yesterday .
    Now just waiting for a price drop ...

• Advertisement

Just found another monitor just wonder if this is good value :

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=YPWXOLY11QGZ&coliid=IMU0CMZQ4N3KB

Thanks in advance for any input .

Actually strike the above monitor .

I thought the purchase would be processed through an EU amazon not the US one so it added another 200 USD in taxes and shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

u2515. Best within you budget

Last question , I might be able to pick up a refurbished Dell U3014 for around €400 , would this be advised or just go for a new U2515 or GW2765HT ?

Advertisement