Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Cheque

Options
  • 27-07-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi 
    I currently have a BOI account and have a BOI cheque from another branch. When i usually lodge cheques (BOI cheque to BOi account), I have instant access to the funds yet I do be told by the teller that it takes x amount of days to clear.

Is it possible when im lodging the cheque to request the money in a bank draft there and then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi 
    I currently have a BOI account and have a BOI cheque from another branch. When i usually lodge cheques (BOI cheque to BOi account), I have instant access to the funds yet I do be told by the teller that it takes x amount of days to clear.

Is it possible when im lodging the cheque to request the money in a bank draft there and then?
    Hi claireollie84,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

A domestic Bank of Ireland cheque takes three working days to clear on an account. It would not be possible to issue a bank draft until the cheque is fully cleared and there is available funds in your account. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 7 claireollie84

but yet i can lodge the cheque and go straight to the atm and with draw money....

would i be better off going to the bank the cheque is drawn from and cashing it and then lodging the money straight back into my account 

I need the bank draft to complete the purchase of a car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon claireolli84, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

A cheque can be cashed in the branch from where it was drawn from as long as it is not crossed or has 'payee only' printed on the front. Once cashed you can then use your Visa Debit card to lodge the cash at any of our Lodgement ATM's. 

If this is a regular lodgement, 365Online maybe more beneficial as BOI to BOI online transfers are seen immediately. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Advertisement