Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos app vs iPhoto

• 27-07-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

I updated my macbook air and got the new photos app but it didn't import any of my photos from iPhoto into it. All it has is photos I have taken on my iPhone that are in the cloud.

Th problem is that my iPhoto library is stored on my time capsule. I tried to press option button while opening photos app and selecting my iPhoto library file. It starts the import but it is ridiculously slow. After a day it is about 8%. Is there any alternative to doing it this way?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The import or the upload? How large is your library?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

The import or the upload? How large is your library?

Its about 60gb so quite big. I have no room for it on my macbook. Will this photos app eventually replace iPhoto? What do you mean by import or upload?:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What’s at 8 percent? If it’s uploading to iCloud that might take some time and there’s not much you can do.

iPhoto is discontinued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

when I select my iPhoto library file to use for the photos app it says 'preparing file library' and the highest I got was to 8% after a full day. It's quite annoying.

Advertisement