Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cement Factory Accidental Release

• 27-07-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Did you fine your car covered in a fine layer of dust over the weekend?

It turns out that the cement factory just off the Mungret roundabout had an "accidental discharge" which basically covered everything in a fine layer of cement partials.

If you go to Prestige carwash on the Dock Road they will clean it off for you for free after taking your details, it needs to be chemically treated so a normal wash wont do.

Surprised that i havent seen this in any media outlets.

Not the 1st time this has happened either apparently.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

davo2001 wrote: »

It turns out that the cement factory just off the Mungret roundabout had an "accidental discharge" which basically covered everything in a fine layer of cement partials.

If you go to Prestige carwash on the Dock Road they will clean it off for you for free after taking your details, it needs to be chemically treated so a normal wash wont do.

Definitely not the first time. I remember it happening about 6-7 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

What day/night was that? What areas were affected do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

davo2001 wrote: »

Do you have a link to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Do you have a link to this?

Not to hand, it happened Friday night AFAIK. I'm in the Ard Aulin estate just down the road. A neighbour told us what it actually was when he saw us looking at our cars.

I've been seeing a lot of marks on her car but it was just general watermarking from "dust in air + rain + beading on wax + evaporation".

Didn't float our way so what I saw on Saturday was just more of the same... or so I thought at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

From Live95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

yes I remember that there was a fine layer of dust on the car on Sat morning as I was taking the kids out to an activity. Its been a long time since that happened I would have thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Are you sure it was Friday? I washed the car Saturday and today it's been covered with a grey type dust. Very annoyed

Mc Love wrote: »
    Are you sure it was Friday? I washed the car Saturday and today it's been covered with a grey type dust. Very annoyed

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-cement-dust-emission-2238584-Jul2015/

Story says Friday night Saturday morning, pics included.

Advertisement