Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote Control helicoptor

• 27-07-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I am thinking of taking up model aircraft flying as a hobby.
    What is your opinion on the remote control helicoptor in Lidl at the moment?
    Is it difficult to learn to fly?
    Or what would you recommend for a beginner (either helicoptor or plane)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Those are how I started.
    Some would say it's not ideal, and there are differences as to how bigger ones are controlled, but if you can develop the skills and coordination to fly this around the kitchen you are well on the way to being able to move to bigger stuff.
    They're also small so won't do much (probably no) harm when crashed, and if you don't like them you haven't invested much.
    Only problem I have with the toy types like this is non replaceable batteries, which normally means fly for 5-10 minutes, charge for an hour - needs patience.

Something like this:

http://www.banggood.com/New-Version-Upgraded-Hubsan-X4-V2-H107L-2_4G-4CH-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-p-71838.html

can take rechargeable batteries, and also uses the same control layout as bigger models - might be an even better starting point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

In my opinion you want one with at least 4 flight channels to get familiar with how to fly a rc helicopter, if the idea is to progress into the more hobby grade ones, is the goal.

I'd say the lidl ones are likely 3 channels, so no sideways hovering control is possible.

Advertisement