Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIAM Theory and Harmony help needed!!!

• 27-07-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone. I'm hoping to sit my RIAM Theory & Harmony grade 8 exam this November. Up to this point I've been self-taught, I did my grade 1 exam last November and grade 5 exam this May.
    Anyway I bought past papers and have learned the paper layout and Ive gone through the "Music Workout" books up to and including grade 8. However I am at a complete loss.

To all those who have taken this exam, I have a few questions. I'd appreciate any advice that anyone can give me at all :)

1. What is a good chord pattern or rhythm pattern to use for the treble over a given bass/bass under a given treble question? There are so many different variations of chords and inversions I really don't know which ones work and which ones don't.

2. Are there any good patterns to use for the 16 bar melody question? I've basically been doing this: 1-4 are the given bars, 5-8 are the same melody copied, 9-12 are different including a modulation and bars 13-16 are the same melody as bars 1-4 but repeated at a higher or lower pitch. A fairly simple method but extremely boring and I really need to get as many marks as I can in that question. Any tips?

3. Any advice on the instrument transposition question(s) in the Score Analysis section would be appreciated I often get confused by it.

4. Any websites with short detailed summaries of music in the Romantic Era would be very helpful, I have several bits and pieces of summaries but nothing really I can just learn off word for word and write down if needed.

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

Advertisement