Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are basic Healthcare packages worth it?

• 27-07-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Basic healthcare package for myself and partner is just over 1k (about 500 euros each) (laya Assure health).

for the most part we have to pay our own way, as theres an excess on out patient claims.
    What we really want it for is an emergency, something really big where we need to skip the queue.

Reading through the policy it just says that I have no private hospital cover and just cover for a semi private room in a public hospital.

HSE is 75 quid per night with a max of 750 euros per year for public hospital accommodation so worst case, and im in hospital for a significant period, its still going to cost me less than the insurance cost.

I cant see where its worth the premium or how it helps me jump the public queue.

Can anyone help clarify this for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

If you want to skip the queue, realistically the way to do this is to have cover for private hospitals also.

Laya have Advantage 500 Explore (€559 per year) and Flex 500 Explore (€630) which both give private hospital cover for a little more than you currently pay.

Advertisement