Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiniBus Company

Options
  • 27-07-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I was thinking of setting up a small business offering Minibus transport services. I hold a full CAT D drivers license which I have never used. My concern is that the cost of setting up the business will be in the region of 20,000 euro by the time I buy a reasonable minibus and pay insurance and other fees. Has anyone experience in this industry, or would anyone have any thoughts on whether this is a viable to earn a living? Regards, Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

would you perhaps try working for a minibus operator for a few months to gain an experience of it all and see if it is the lifestyle for you ?

There are now yearly CPC requirements and yearly vehicle and equipment checks that must be carried out so it's not as simple as having a licence.

Please try working for someone else before committing to such a spend.

And lastly, if your mind is made up then buy a single axle vehicle whenever possible.

Hope this helps,
    Fionn

Advertisement