Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to speak to somebody in BOI?!

Options
  • 27-07-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

Since the 365 phone line was updated, it is next to impossible to get through to an actual human being to speak about my account. It's as though BOI no longer want to speak to their customers.

I missed my loan repayment date despite sending a message a week in advance via the online service desk asking to change the date of the repayment, and I was debited for a missed S/O charge over the weekend despite the advance warning.

I now have sufficient funds in my account and would like to tell an actual person in BOI this so that my credit rating isn't made any worse than it already is.

Is there a new phone number to actually speak to people, given that nobody responds to the 365 service desk emails?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon allandanyways, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Please be assured that our Online Service Desk team endeavour to respond to customers queries as soon as possible however, they would be unable to change the repayment date on a loan through this service. 

Should you wish to do this in the future, please contact our lending team on 0818 200 347 alternatively, you can contact Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818365365.

If you would like us to arrange a call back from our Lending Team to discuss your recent situation, please PM us with your name, contact number and branch name and we would be more than happy to arrange this for you. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Please be assured that our Online Service Desk team endeavour to respond to customers queries as soon as possible however, they would be unable to change the repayment date on a loan through this service. 

Should you wish to do this in the future, please contact our lending team on 0818 200 347 alternatively, you can contact Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818365365.

If you would like us to arrange a call back from our Lending Team to discuss your recent situation, please PM us with your name, contact number and branch name and we would be more than happy to arrange this for you. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

With all due respect, have you tried calling the 0818365365 number yourself? I think I've tried every single option and I just get looped back around into an automated message. On the old line, you used to be able to press 6 and get through to a customer service representative, but I actually don't think it is possible to speak to anyone on the new line!

Additionally, it's now 7 days (5 working days) since I emailed via the service desk and have received no responses to date.

I will try speak to the lending team tomorrow but I would appreciate your response regarding the automated loop that I cannot seem to get through to anyone on - is this deliberate that the customer is expected to self-service rather than speak to anyone?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Hi Elaine,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

With all due respect, have you tried calling the 0818365365 number yourself? I think I've tried every single option and I just get looped back around into an automated message. On the old line, you used to be able to press 6 and get through to a customer service representative, but I actually don't think it is possible to speak to anyone on the new line!

Additionally, it's now 7 days (5 working days) since I emailed via the service desk and have received no responses to date.

I will try speak to the lending team tomorrow but I would appreciate your response regarding the automated loop that I cannot seem to get through to anyone on - is this deliberate that the customer is expected to self-service rather than speak to anyone?

Cheers.
    Hi allandanyways,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.

If you call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and wish to speak with a representative press the *Key and this will transfer you directly to speak with a representative. This is advised to you when you select option 1 for the self-service, this is the option for first time users or those who wish to speak directly with a representative.

Please note that representatives are available on this number Monday – Friday 8am – Midnight, 9am-6pm Weekends and Bank holidays.

We have checked with the Online Team and they are currently answering queries that were submitted Friday the 24th of July. We would be keen to look into why you have not yet received a reply to your query. Can we ask you to send a PM with your full name, branch name and phone number? We will then arrange for someone to look into this and call you back.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement