Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much spending money for 4 days New York and 4 days in Orlando

Options
  • 27-07-2015 5:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

I just booked my hotels and flights for my 4 days in New York and 4 days in Orlando. I am wondering how much I will need for spending money, I'm a lad in my 30s travelling alone. My holiday will consist of a few touristy things in New york and the theme parks in Orlando, I have already bought the tickets for Orlando aswell. I dont think I will be doing much if any shopping, so with the hotels, tickets for theme parks in orlando and flights all paid for how much will I need for the 8 days, all Ill need money for is food and drink and a few touristy things in NYC?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Have you had a look at how much the tourist things will cost? Looking back on our last trip to NY that we stayed in a hotel, we spent around $100 a day each on average between everything. Some days more, sometimes a lot less. We don't drink but we ate well and went to a lot of museums etc

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Depends what your doing!! I found New York expensive on nights out... Used to go through $150 on a night out in Manhattan , could be done a lot cheaper though!! Generally $5-$7 a beer and that's for bottles and their pints which are like half pints, your expected to tip then on top of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the touristy stuff can be expensive in new york and visiting statue of liberty, empire state building, watching a game at msg will quickly add up. but there is tons of free touristy things you could do like walk the brooklyn bridge, walk around central park, new york public library and take the staten island ferry (for a great view of statue of liberty)

if everything is already paid for in orlando you don't really need to splash out that much. its not a place you really go drinking (outside friday and saturday nights at universal citywalk) and buying essentials or eating out in the numerous buffet style restaurants is cheaper than in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

You could easily get by on $100 a day if you're not into expensive dining. Even in NYC you can fill up on awesome pizza for $10, and if you really want to save money, buy milk and cereal and keep it in your hotel room for breakfast (unless they are giving you a free breakfast, of course!). You can also get a cheap bagel sandwich at one of the many delis in NYC.

I just got back from a conference in VA, and because my wife was with me, I spent over $200 on food alone for the weekend. When I go by myself, I bring milk, cereal and a box of energy bars. I buy lunch at Panera (it's in the hotel building) and end up spending $25 for food over three days.

Advertisement