Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogheda: Ginger Cat at Magdalene Tower

• 27-07-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    During our last holiday in Ireland I and my wife spent some hours in Drogheda. We visited the town and walked up to the Magdalene Tower where we met a lovely and wonderful ginger cat.
    He was sunbathing in the green before the tower but as soon he saw us he ran to us and started rolling on his back and purring. He let us pet him and was so friendly.
    What struck us was the very close resemblance to a cat of ours who went to the Rainbow Bridge two years ago... frown.png
    He looked very much like my cat, he acted like him, he was even poking his tongue out like my cat used to do. I thought he was my cat born to a new life... frown.png
    My wife, who doesn't particularly loves cat, was fascinated by him and thought the same thing as me.
    We left the place after half an hour but kept thinking about him for the rest of our holiday (three weeks). I was sure I could forget about him once back home, but after four weeks I'm still thinking of him.
    Does anyone of you lives in the area? Do you know if he already has an owner or if he's a stray?

Ginger%20cat.jpg

His left ear's tip has been cut away, so I presume he's been neutered by someone who takes care of him.
    I fell in love with him, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fathead82

Maybe see if you can contact any animal rescues or a vet in the town to see if they can put you in contact with the cats carers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LOU76

Ginger, as he is called by many, is a stray that is fed daily by several locals and well known and loved by all who pass there regularly. He has hung about around the tower for many years (at least 6 that I know of) and in colder months is welcomed by a local man into his house. I walked by that way this morning and who came over with a miaow only Ginger!! So rest assured he is well fed, is well taken care of, and is a much loved stray here in Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

LOU76 wrote: »
    So rest assured he is well fed, is well taken care of, and is a much loved stray here in Drogheda.

Thank you so much for this cute post! :)
    So he's at least 6 years old, nearly the age of mine when I found him...

I am so in love with Ginger and so convinced that he was my cat Tom back to life that I would have done everything for him, even adopting him whatever it would have involved.
    Hope to be back there next year and spend some more time with him :D

Advertisement