Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice

Options
  • 27-07-2015 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

travelling to london at the weekend for a few days will have a couple of teenage kids with me and am looking for advice regarding places to go and see, also places to eat shop etc ,, really any advice plus ways to travel around the city would be greatly appreciated , one other thing what is the best way to change from euro to sterling should i change in bank here or over or just use atm machine, sorry for rambling on but any advice would be great thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Responding from a tourist/business persepective from gone over for a few days.
    - Best to book ahead where possible. Queues for ticket on trains were long.
    - Get an oyster card. Apparently change as a fare is no longer in operation. They are usual found in newsagents and fairly handy for off/on excursions. There is a tourist version of this, Visitor Pass(?) but I did not get a chance to get it.
    - Check online on sites like TimeOut and London Evening standard and Tripadvisor.
    - It looks one might get a better exchange rate at Foreign exchange kiosks but at least ATMs are open 24/7 which does not cut into flight time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Personally i find using an ATM to be the best value of time/cost but you will need to check the exchange rates and fees with your bank. This also only works if you take out a large amount of cash and not lots of small withdrawals.

Im sure the teenagers would like the London Dungeon. You can buy combo tickets for the London Eye too which works out much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Meagepreat

ciaeim wrote: »
    travelling to london at the weekend for a few days will have a couple of teenage kids with me and am looking for advice regarding places to go and see, also places to eat shop etc ,, really any advice plus ways to travel around the city would be greatly appreciated , one other thing what is the best way to change from euro to sterling should i change in bank here or over or just use atm machine, sorry for rambling on but any advice would be great thanks.

Go on the tour bus in london
    Also near algate east theres a haunted trip

Advertisement