Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The meadows, hollyhill

Options
  • 27-07-2015 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone here living in, or know of the meadows estate in Hollyhill?

My friend is looking at buying it. It's his first house...
    I am in process of buying a house near enough (off Cathedral road) and he asked me my opinion today and I don't know!

I heard it is a rough estate but I have lived and worked very happily nearby for some time and go to the local community centre with my kid etc, so not sure if this is snobbery or if the estate is genuinely problematic.

It's behind the water tower.

There seem to be patches in the area that are no go, but other parts are grand.

We drove in there after work for a look , it's quite a bit off Kilmore Road....and there seem to be families living there and no obvious signs of trouble but it's hard to tell.

What alarmed me is the house he is looking at was boarded up 'just to be safe'
    None of the houses we have viewed had this requirement......

I don't know what to advise him so I thought i would ask on here if anyone is living here or knows the area well.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I think this may be more suited to Cork City

Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'd advise to stay away. The speed bumps are like small walls so your cars suspension will take a hammering. Plus it is very close to a large traveller camp which you don't want on your doorstep and from what I know it is a very rough estate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I think your use of the phrase boarded up really ends the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Peonygrace

Hah yea fair. And agreed about the speed walls.
    Got some more info, it was a repossession....rented out to tenants.
    Not sure if the boarding up has anything to do with that.
    Probably not.

I always resist knocking the area because I have no trouble here, but I guess the Nile is a river
    too. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Don't go near the place. Cathedral Road is fine, stay the hell away from the Meadows, you can add Fairfield Meadows into that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I grew up, up that direction, I know they're new builds but I don't know where they are.
    Are they up the back road?

To be honest I'd avoid anything before the shopping center and church and then I'd be picky over anything on the left after the church i.e. the Laurel Ridge, Hill Crest, Hollywood and Hollymount estates.

Advertisement