Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Banking

Options
  • 27-07-2015 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

Just wondering if any former or current maturies have feedback, advice, info etc on switching their regular current account to a student account? Maybe even switching bank to get the best offer for students?

My concern at the moment is that the DSP obviously need my bank details to pay BTEA (assuming it's approved of course), but I won't be able to set up a new account until Spetember.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

Dair76 wrote: »
    Howdy folks,

Just wondering if any former or current maturies have feedback, advice, info etc on switching their regular current account to a student account? Maybe even switching bank to get the best offer for students?

My concern at the moment is that the DSP obviously need my bank details to pay BTEA (assuming it's approved of course), but I won't be able to set up a new account until Spetember.

It's pretty simple switching I'm with aib and mine was switched straight away your details stay the same only thing that come up online is student account so you don't need to wait until September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

JoeR91 wrote: »
    It's pretty simple switching I'm with aib and mine was switched straight away your details stay the same only thing that come up online is student account so you don't need to wait until September

Nice one, that's what I was hoping for! Thanks!

Was looking at AIB myself, as they seemed to have the best deal for students last year. Any chance other banks will improve their benefits, or is there more or less a status quo in what they offer year to year?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

Dair76 wrote: »
    Nice one, that's what I was hoping for! Thanks!

Was looking at AIB myself, as they seemed to have the best deal for students last year. Any chance other banks will improve their benefits, or is there more or less a status quo in what they offer year to year?

Think aib are the best I applied for loan off them and they were fairly sound about it just waiting for conformation it's been approved! They will need prove you accepted your place on a course

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

I called in to Ulster Bank (eyre square Galway) asking about student accounts, the benefits etc, and the lady gave me the full details... I crossed the road to Bank of Ireland asking the same query and I got some clueless slack-jawed geriatric who had to consult a pamphlet to deduce the account would have no charges. No other info, and it was like trying to extract teeth for what I managed to get...she said she better get an advisor...and guess what...there were no advisors present despite there being about 7 advisor stalls.

I guess I should just google it : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Opened a student plus account with AIB there this morning. Didn't switch my UB current account, as I have a couple of items pre-ordered on the UB debit card. I'll close that account in October/November, but in the meantime I can use the AIB one for BTEA and SUSI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭compo1

Anybody know anything about Permanent TSB? Do they do Student Accounts?

OK, just checked. They do. Will talk to them tomorrow.

Advertisement