Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Eircom listen to Judge John O'Neil's criticism or will the carry on as before,

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Good result.
    Eircom are a horrible company, with appalling customer service. And snow patrol hold-music in the hope you will hang up rather than wait to speak to someone who will ignore your complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Wishful thinking. 

The paragraph:
    "Judge John O'Neill singled out Eircom for criticism branding their code of practice a joke and he said that when customers complained they were “pushed from Billy to Jack and they were ignored”."

Sums up my current experiences to a tee. 

So these so called remediation plans aren't working, or, like their code of practice they're being wilfully ignored...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    Is it to much to hope that Eircom will be transformed by the court ruling today, or will Eircom carry on as before ?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/court-finds-eircom-vodafone-and-three-guilty-of-overcharging-customers-688425.html
    those fines are laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

Hi Eircom Customer Care Team,

I wish to ask if Eircom has sorted out the appalling vista of mistakes which landed them in court.

[font=Roboto-Regular, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]www.thejournal.ie/[/font][font=Roboto-Regular, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]eircom[/font][font=Roboto-Regular, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]-meteor-three-upc-cancellation-rights-customers[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

I know people are quick to complain, I would be one of those also. But I have to say that anytime i have had a problem with eircom they have been quick to sort it out and have always been courteous to me online and on the phone. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/court-finds-eircom-vodafone-and-three-guilty-of-overcharging-customers-688425.html

They have no customer service.

It is shocking how they treat paying customers.

I agreed for them to take €200 of my card which they did that was fine but they then helped themselves a second time and took a further €468.. off my card without my consent.

They did not refund this and were actually at a few times quite abrubt and also aggressive on the phone.

Story goes on .........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

They have no customer service.

It is shocking how they treat paying customers.

I agreed for them to take €200 of my card which they did that was fine but they then helped themselves a second time and took a further €468.. off my card without my consent.

They did not refund this and were actually at a few times quite abrubt and also aggressive on the phone.

Story goes on .........

If it's a credit card report it as fraud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kkapp wrote: »
    I know people are quick to complain, I would be one of those also. But I have to say that anytime i have had a problem with eircom they have been quick to sort it out and have always been courteous to me online and on the phone. 
    Thank you kkapp - and should you require further assistance please let us know :)

Al

Originally posted by kkapp

Thank you kkapp - and should you require further assistance please let us know smile.png

Al

Interesting reply I am amazed,

<snip>

Mod: user warned for spamming the same link across various threads

• Advertisement

Shocking service.

Dear Eir Reps,

Now that you have got a chance to settle in and breathe in some fresh air, 

"Can I ask will you be implementing Judge John O'Neills Court Order ? "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Dear Eir Reps,

Now that you have got a chance to settle in and breathe in some fresh air, 

"Can I ask will you be implementing Judge John O'Neills Court Order ? "
    Hi Rock 1234

We will not be commenting or directly discussing legal cases however I can assure you that eir are continually working to improve practices so that such occurrences do not happen again.

Al

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply, I do appreciate how difficult it must be for you, working for a  company like Eir, I honestly don't know how you can do it, continually apologising for a appalling excuse for a service, I am amazed how loyal some of your customers are, despite been treated with contempt, they continue to pay top dollar for a appalling service, or in some cases no service at all, luckily for Eir not all customer's demand their right to a service, that is fit for purpose, which they are entitled to under the consumer act, some customers think they have no alternative to Eir, but lots of other companies piggy back on Eir's Line, with excellent results, 

I expect Eir will be sold off as soon as the build up a large customer base, with this flashy advertising campaign which we see and hear everywhere on TV, radio, newspapers and billboards,

I wish you well Alan,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply, I do appreciate how difficult it must be for you, working for a  company like Eir, I honestly don't know how you can do it, continually apologising for a appalling excuse for a service, I am amazed how loyal some of your customers are, despite been treated with contempt, they continue to pay top dollar for a appalling service, or in some cases no service at all, luckily for Eir not all customer's demand their right to a service, that is fit for purpose, which they are entitled to under the consumer act, some customers think they have no alternative to Eir, but lots of other companies piggy back on Eir's Line, with excellent results, 

I expect Eir will be sold off as soon as the build up a large customer base, with this flashy advertising campaign which we see and hear everywhere on TV, radio, newspapers and billboards,

I wish you well Alan,
    You are welcome Rock 1234 - thanks for your well wishes.

I will ensure that your feedback is provided in my reports to operations.

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement