Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investigation in Carlow Council Planning Dept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

They have a lot more to answer for than just that road.

Whoever granted planning for that apartment(flat) complex on the graiguecullen side of the weir should be dragged out and shot that area could've been developed into a great amenity but instead we have a squalled looking building and lethal footpaths on the road behind (Leighlin Rd.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Think big Phil (Hogan) knocked it on the head. Went for internal reviews in the end . That would be the kind of review that rarely finds fault or points the finger of blame at anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    They have a lot more to answer for than just that road.

Whoever granted planning for that apartment(flat) complex on the graiguecullen side of the weir should be dragged out and shot that area could've been developed into a great amenity but instead we have a squalled looking building and lethal footpaths on the road behind (Leighlin Rd.)

Also the apartment block(s) that basically enclosed Carlow Castle. Disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

For years the people in the planing office I feel have messed up this town I deal with them on and off. i know one multi national company wanted to come to carlow but got fed up with the planning and the way they got treated. So just went elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

iano.p wrote: »
    For years the people in the planing office I feel have messed up this town I deal with them on and off. i know one multi national company wanted to come to carlow but got fed up with the planning and the way they got treated. So just went elsewhere.

What was the multi national? How did the planning people treat them badly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Carlow2011 wrote:
    What was the multi national? How did the planning people treat them badly?

I won't say there name as I still deal with them they went to kildare and built on a partner plant. They were treated badly I feel as they had two meetings booked in with the planers and they were busy both times and had to postpone. They made things hard for them with conditions and there was no budge on them. The site still sits empty today. Kildare planers couldn't do enough for them to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Well we have a new town planner coming in soon AFAIK. Next few weeks it'll be sorted.

I was curious as to what happened to that investigation! I'm sure they found themselves not guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

brianblaze wrote: »
    Well we have a new town planner coming in soon AFAIK. Next few weeks it'll be sorted.

I was curious as to what happened to that investigation! I'm sure they found themselves not guilty.

Big Phil cancelled the investigations that were ordered by John Gormley; it was one of his first acts to protect his FG colleagues.

I'm sure we can all cite developments that should never have occurred. The estate I used to live in had apartments built behind them despite objections from the fire safety officer. Same "developer" made a mess of the car park on Dublin St which he has also never rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm sure the builders also won there case after clicking on the links and seeing who they were.

The same builders seem to have more power than anyone else in this town from what I can see as a casual observer.

Expect the VAT Bill to come up soon... €1m due to be paid

• Advertisement

This article is an interesting summary of what happened. BTW don't forget that Big Phil was an auctioneer and was also involved in some re-zoning controversies & turkeys don't vote for Christmas!

http://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2012/03/826/

A comedy of errors that's sadly not funny

I'm sure the builders also won there case after clicking on the links and seeing who they were.

The same builders seem to have more power than anyone else in this town from what I can see as a casual observer.

Am I correct in thinking that same builders objected to Devreauxs (when it existed) building a beer garden despite not having planning permission for their own one?

They essentially annexed that beer garden

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jed and Dave

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Also the apartment block(s) that basically enclosed Carlow Castle. Disgraceful.

im a newbie in the town ...i already thought that was a big big mistake

Advertisement