Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billed When I was told twice over the phone that I would not be billed - I received n

Options
  • 27-07-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I requested broadband be installed in my house.
    I had to call back to check with Eircom a couple of weeks later to check the speed once the line was activated
    I was later advised that while I could get a connection in my house, Eircom advised against it, because the speed was far too slow. When I asked if I was charged, I was told that I would not be charged. 
    A couple of weeks later I received a letter from Eircom regarding setup of my account, but not a bill. There was no indication of a charge anywhere. I was worried about being charged but rang Eircom and I was again advised that I would not be charged and that everything was cancelled.
    Today I received a bill in the door from Eircom, saying thank you for payment of your last bill of €61.75, and my next bill is due for €43
    My account number is 87470672 and I demand a refund of my money, my €61.75, as soon as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

kifi wrote: »
    I had to call back to check with Eircom a couple of weeks later to check the speed once the line was activated
    I was later advised that while I could get a connection in my house, Eircom advised against it, because the speed was far too slow. When I asked if I was charged, I was told that I would not be charged. 
    A couple of weeks later I received a letter from Eircom regarding setup of my account, but not a bill. There was no indication of a charge anywhere. I was worried about being charged but rang Eircom and I was again advised that I would not be charged and that everything was cancelled.
    Today I received a bill in the door from Eircom, saying thank you for payment of your last bill of €61.75, and my next bill is due for €43
    My account number is 87470672 and I demand a refund of my money, my €61.75, as soon as possible.
    Hi,

I rang Eircom on the above on the 28th July, at 0930 am approx. I was put through to customer loyalty, who confirmed cancellation of my account, and they forwarded me to billing in order to challenge what had been taken out of my account by Eircom. The person from billing transferred me back to customer loyalty, and I eventually got to talk to a lady called Fiona who made some changes on the system and informed me that I owe nothing to Eircom and that I was to go to my back to fill out a direct debit refund form for refund of the previous charges, which i have done. I requested that she said me an email to confirm this, which was agreed. Fiona was very helpful, but I would have just liked something in writing to confirm. Please can you check this out for me?
    Thank you. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I rang Eircom on the above on the 28th July, at 0930 am approx. I was put through to customer loyalty, who confirmed cancellation of my account, and they forwarded me to billing in order to challenge what had been taken out of my account by Eircom. The person from billing transferred me back to customer loyalty, and I eventually got to talk to a lady called Fiona who made some changes on the system and informed me that I owe nothing to Eircom and that I was to go to my back to fill out a direct debit refund form for refund of the previous charges, which i have done. I requested that she said me an email to confirm this, which was agreed. Fiona was very helpful, but I would have just liked something in writing to confirm. Please can you check this out for me?
    Thank you. 
    Hi kifi

I will be happy to look in to this for you,

Please PM me your eircom account number

Thanks
    Al

Hi kifi

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent

Hi kifi

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent
    Hi kifi

Please PM me a contact number for you to discus this further

Thanks
    Al

Hi kifi

Thanks
    Al

Eircom already has my contact number!! Pm sent nonetheless....

• Advertisement

Hi kifi

Thanks
    Al

Eircom already has my contact number!! Pm sent nonetheless....
    Thanks for taking my call kifi

Sincere apologies for the billing errors and if there's anything I can assist with in future please let me know

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement