Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building my first pc

Options
  • 27-07-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello I am trying to build my first pc and the biggest challenge is finding where to buy the parts. I want a reasonably good gaming desktop for around €500 (give or take some).
    So if anyone could help me that would be great. I have been looking on dabs.ie and i have these parts:

Case:
    EZCool NA705B Case with USB 3.0 + 500W PSU:

Motherboard,CPU,Ram:
    A88XM-A FM2+, A10 7700K, Corsair 8GB DDR3 Vengeance Pro

Graphics Card:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 1189MHz 2GB

All of this comes to about €560 (with 1tb hard drive) (I am not interested in SSD's yet as I dont really NEED one.I will mostly be using headset so no need for soundcard).
    If anyone can give me tips of recommendations if i need more parts or anything like that and if everything is compatable or if i could get a better deal then please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you bought them already?

An i3 with a H81M Board, and a second hand R9 270X would be a better machine. I'll throw up a parts list in a bit if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 11 darragh.S

No I wanted to see if there was any better deals.
    I don't need to buy an os but cheap peripherals would be nice if there is any around. Thank you for your help.

i3 4160
    H81M, MSI or ASRock
    1tb HDD, Seagate or WD
    8gb RAM, Crucial Ballistix Sport
    R9 270X, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire
    400w PSU, BeQuiet, Corsair
    Pick a case depending on left over budget. Zalman Z4 is a cheap recommendation.

Buy from an EU Amazon like Amazon.de or the UK one, you'll get better prices than Dabs. Should be a much better gaming machine than a 750Ti with an AMD board

Hey thanks for the list the i3 4160 is only a dual core processor is there a need of getting a graphics card like the R9 270x is some of the newer games are better on a Quad core do you know if this dual core will be okay for those games? (by the way i meangames like farcry 4 and batman arkham knight. Im not planning on playing these games soon so if not i can always upgrade it later. I would just like to know)

Yeah they'll run fine on it, most games are GPU bound anyways, the 270X is a serious card.

If it comes to it you can upgrade to an i5 or i7, but you likely won't need to

• Advertisement

I couldnt find the Zalman Z4 on amazon.de but the z9 plus atx should do right? Also as this is my first pc build how do you recommend to piece it together ive been watching videos and things but im just confused about cooing. Do you think i will need to buy extra fans or will it be okay?

Yeah should be. BitFenix do some nice cases at €40 or so if you can fit it in.

Set it all up outside the case, minus the GPU, then do the same thing in the case and make sure it works, then add the GPU last. It's fairly easy to do

Thank you for your help the sapphire 270x doesnt deliver to my address so i went for the msi 270. Do you know any cheap monitors off the top of your head?

Check adverts for a 270x.

How cheap? BenQ 2450 is about €145 from Amazon.de

Monitors aren't my thing though so I'm not a huge help there

Thank you for all the help I managed to find a second hand 270x it comes to around €560 without mouse keyboard or monitor so thats good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement