Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non student USA visa

Options
  • 27-07-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, tried to find information on this but I've been really struggling to get an exact answer.
    I just competed first year in a science course in ireland but I've decided I'm dropping out taking a gap year and then returning to college, I have replied for a new course but I'm going to defer it for a year.

With my gap year I would love to go work in America for three months, I don't think I'd still qualify for a J1 so does anyone know if there's any way I can get a visa for unskilled work (bar or waitressing type work)?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No such visa exists, if all you want to do is casual bar/waitress work & you are no longer a student. You can get a short term work visa if you are engaged in a profession/activity that means you have to be in the US for extended periods of time...journalists covering the US elections, athletes, actors, touring musicians etc etc would qualify for them. You wouldn't.

Advertisement