Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Usage on monthly bundles now available to view in MyiD too.

Still no sign of being able to edit the bundles online, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Anybody having issues sending texts to 50xxx numbers, im trying to enter a cocacola competition on 50100 but texts are not being delivered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭DopeTech

CombatCow wrote: »
    Anybody having issues sending texts to 50xxx numbers, im trying to enter a cocacola competition on 50100 but texts are not being delivered...

Yeah same here. "Cannot send with 3irl. Error 28."

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I still have no access to MyID.

I still have no access to MyID.

Give them a call, something not right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Give them a call, something not right there.

I did. Ticket raised. Blah blah blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Anyone know if tethering is allowed with iD? No mention on their website. Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone know if tethering is allowed with iD? No mention on their website. Thanks in advance.

Yeah it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

I've made a little progress and its helping me understand the differences in coverage..

The O2 masts are available to idmobile, but ONLY for 2g
    3g and 4g are coming from the 3 masts.
    There are lots of upgrade works planned, but all in the future.

Tescomobile has access to the o2 masts, for both 3g and 2g, and that's why their coverage is different at the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

I hear that 4g is rumored to be coming to tescomobile...announcement later this week Friday I think......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

dSleeper wrote: »
    I've made a little progress and its helping me understand the differences in coverage..

The O2 masts are available to idmobile, but ONLY for 2g
    3g and 4g are coming from the 3 masts.
    There are lots of upgrade works planned, but all in the future.

Tescomobile has access to the o2 masts, for both 3g and 2g, and that's why their coverage is different at the moment...
    The coverage is still poor or non-existent even where there is good O2 2G. It's just odd.

Either way I'm running out of patience. Calls are ringing out with no ringing tone, or a weird beeping tone so it sounds like it isn't connecting until the person answers. Some calls aren't dialling out at all. Calls are dropping with increasing frequency. There's a lot of areas of patchy coverage. Incoming calls which I don't answer are hit and miss as to whether the caller gets connected to voicemail.

I have logged some of these issues with care going on two weeks now and absolutely nada back from them.

Paying just €15 a month is great but it's feck all use when you can't rely on it.

Kensington wrote: »
    The coverage is still poor or non-existent even where there is good O2 2G. It's just odd.

Either way I'm running out of patience. Calls are ringing out with no ringing tone, or a weird beeping tone so it sounds like it isn't connecting until the person answers. Some calls aren't dialling out at all. Calls are dropping with increasing frequency. There's a lot of areas of patchy coverage. Incoming calls which I don't answer are hit and miss as to whether the caller gets connected to voicemail.

I have logged some of these issues with care going on two weeks now and absolutely nada back from them.

Paying just €15 a month is great but it's feck all use when you can't rely on it.

I'm too getting this issue of calls not ringing at all, just a long pause and then you hear the person on the other end nearly shouting "hello" down the phone as I can't hear them answering or saying the first or second hello. This has happened me atleast 3 times this week.

Another issue I'm getting lately is I find myself sometimes having to call a number 2 or sometimes 3 times before I get to hear their phone ringing, initially I thought it might be an issue with the number I'm calling but it seems to be happening across different networks which I'm calling, so it's obviously yet another iDMobile issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 jesseps

I switched to ID yesterday from Tesco and one thing, I get better reception at home. I don't know why, seeing they both an MVNO for 3. Only thing I dislike, is that my data would cut while walking.

One thing my phone will not recognize "171" for voicemail when you hold down "1". Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

That should be a handset issue. You can make sure the correct number is inputted.

Android
    Scroll down through the application list, and tap the "Settings" icon.
    Tap "Call Settings," and then tap "Voicemail Settings." Tap "Voicemail Number."
    Type the voicemail number into the box or edit the existing voicemail number.

That should be a handset issue. You can make sure the correct number is inputted.

Android
    Scroll down through the application list, and tap the "Settings" icon.
    Tap "Call Settings," and then tap "Voicemail Settings." Tap "Voicemail Number."
    Type the voicemail number into the box or edit the existing voicemail number.

Did that but Android does not recognize 171 as a proper voicemail #. It needs something on the lines of 01-###-#### or 8#-###-####.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Try this:

HB6TwGb.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Stokolan

jesseps wrote: »
    Did that but Android does not recognize 171 as a proper voicemail #. It needs something on the lines of 01-###-#### or 8#-###-####.

I use android and it accepts 171

Stokolan wrote: »
    I use android and it accepts 171

Weird. My phone keeps telling me now, contact the carrier for both the 171 and the 089#. The phone for the other settings as for not answering a call is setup for 089#. Oh well, I guess I will just have to dial the VM from now on.

Network giving loads of problems again over the last 24 hrs again, it's getting beyond a joke now, no one is taking ownership of all these issue, in defence to the call centre staff, their hands are tied as they are having all these issues that we are having too. All they can do is issue a ticket and hope it gets moved up to a more senior person within the IDMobile network.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 minty8200

What is going on with ID MOBILE

Ported over from eircom and sorry I did, going back. ID maybe cheaper but there a car crash.

Having to call there so called "CARE" team daily.

Some of the problems-

1) You can't send or recieve MMS on this network but no one told me that.
    2) No 4G access if your on an iPhone, no one told me that when I signed.
    3) SMS messages delayed coming in by a day or a week and the solution is apparently to delete what's app, nothing to do with it.
    4) Average care answer today, last three were 6, 8 and 10 minutes. Resorted to calling sales. Answered immediately. Funny.
    5) Credit Check - when I went to buy the handset told what to say to get maximum credit. Apparently there system doesn't look up any information. Based purely on age, work and if u own a house. If you say your over 35, work and have a mortgage you get what you want. They can't check anything.
    6) Network coverage is cronic, know it's a 3 network but what ever they do its not the same as 3 direct.

What's the best network?

• Advertisement

Oh coverage is crap too. I live in Dublin but it still crap. Amount of calls dropping is unbelievable. And data speeds a muck.

So much for CPW Carphone warehouse dixons giving independent advice.

All they wanted was to get me off Eircom meteor.

How do I go about getting out of contract with ID MOBILE.

Oh there's no, contracts or there flexible. Not if u buy a phone. Can I send back the phone as there not providing the basic service?

Any one gone through this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Glad I didn't change to them.

Yup. Tickets logged and frontline service excellent but no follow up by operations so what good is it. If there was some indication they were ironing out the issues it'd be a lot more tolerable but frankly they don't seem to be engaging and the issues and outages are getting worse and more frequent.

minty8200 wrote: »
    What is going on with ID MOBILE

Ported over from eircom and sorry I did, going back. ID maybe cheaper but there a car crash.

Having to call there so called "CARE" team daily.

Some of the problems-

1) You can't send or recieve MMS on this network but no one told me that.
    2) No 4G access if your on an iPhone, no one told me that when I signed.
    3) SMS messages delayed coming in by a day or a week and the solution is apparently to delete what's app, nothing to do with it.
    4) Average care answer today, last three were 6, 8 and 10 minutes. Resorted to calling sales. Answered immediately. Funny.
    5) Credit Check - when I went to buy the handset told what to say to get maximum credit. Apparently there system doesn't look up any information. Based purely on age, work and if u own a house. If you say your over 35, work and have a mortgage you get what you want. They can't check anything.
    6) Network coverage is cronic, know it's a 3 network but what ever they do its not the same as 3 direct.

What's the best network?

Just to correct you on one issue, I get 4G on iPhone 6 with them

That's odd they told me I can't get 4g until they start selling iPhones and I have a iPhone 5s which is 4G capable or ready. Do you know what this might be?

And that's with ID mobile
    In ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

I get 4G on an iPhone 6 plus, and when I put my iD SIM in my wife's 5s (tracking another issue), her 5s got 4G as well (PS: Settings > Mobile Data > Voice & Data needs to be set to LTE (4G), or you'll only use 3G)

That's odd they told me I can't get 4g until they start selling iPhones and I have a iPhone 5s which is 4G capable or ready. Do you know what this might be?

My wife has a 5s and she has 4g also, I'm sure you've selected 4g in the cellular settings?

Network down for everyone?

Mine is fine at the minute, that's not to say it won't be down before the day is out :)

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Mine is fine at the minute, that's not to say it won't be down before the day is out :)

Went completely for about 2 mins, rebooted and it started roaming. Now its back to normal. Seen it happen a while back too. Hopefully its not a common occurrence.

And your on an iPhone
    Really odd. Just had three calls with care and they said no 4g. Some handsets work some don't. Really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

I've got a 6 plus and defiantly got 4G. It's on the three network so you could try phoning three and asking?

Went completely for about 2 mins, rebooted and it started roaming. Now its back to normal. Seen it happen a while back too. Hopefully its not a common occurrence.

I believe they were doing some work on the network. Mine was playing up on Thursday, went down all day Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭BowWow

I'm sitting at home - no phone coverage for the last 2 hours........

BowWow wrote: »
    I'm sitting at home - no phone coverage for the last 2 hours........

iD and three are updating their network infrastructure. So some people are going to lose signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    iD and three are updating their network infrastructure. So some people are going to lose signal.

Yeah, I'm on 3 and was down for a while earlier.

Where did u here that. Do u work for them or have u?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭BowWow

Thanks, but could they not tell us in advance by sending out a text or something? Shouldn't have to find out by posting on a forum...

• Advertisement

BowWow wrote: »
    Thanks, but could they not tell us in advance by sending out a text or something? Shouldn't have to find out by posting on a forum...

It seems it was an unplanned outage and not a planned upgrade.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/major-three-network-outage-reported-nationwide-34137949.html

Where did u here that. Do u work for them or have u?

No I don't work for iD or three, I know because I asked my local carphone warehouse because I couldn't make any calls yesterday. What he said is:

They are upgrading infrastructure over the next few days and some people will have calls drop or no signal until it's done.

As iD is a piggy back of the three network and Three are carrying out major overhauls to their network infrastructure and systems to expand their 4G coverage pretty much anyone on the Three, iD Mobile, Tesco Mobile, or 48 Go Conquer will probably at some point have some signal issues. I think the upgrade is because of the merge with o2. It's not on they didn't let people know but what you gonna do I guess.

Just googled it and if u Google
    Apple carrier file Europe u will see the approved Apple operators.

So Apple has to approve ur network.

3 are approved carriers but not ID
    I had a link but could send it.

While ID is a version of 3 it's treated as a complet stand alone operator and needs approval by Apple. Apple apparently won't do this unless ur an apple customer something ID isn't.

So itS ID's issue as they said.

As for coverage just drove to tesco Naas. Girlfriend has android ID and has 4g. I can't get it.

No I don't work for iD or three, I know because I asked my local carphone warehouse because I couldn't make any calls yesterday. What he said is:

They are upgrading infrastructure over the next few days and some people will have calls drop or no signal until it's done.

As iD is a piggy back of the three network and Three are carrying out major overhauls to their network infrastructure and systems to expand their 4G coverage pretty much anyone on the Three, iD Mobile, Tesco Mobile, or 48 Go Conquer will probably at some point have some signal issues. I think the upgrade is because of the merge with o2. It's not on they didn't let people know but what you gonna do I guess.

The only anomaly is why some work but ID did acknowledge this happens but they didn't know why.

Just googled it and if u Google
    Apple carrier file Europe u will see the approved Apple operators.

So Apple has to approve ur network.

3 are approved carriers but not ID
    I had a link but could send it.

While ID is a version of 3 it's treated as a complet stand alone operator and needs approval by Apple. Apple apparently won't do this unless ur an apple customer something ID isn't.

So itS ID's issue as they said.

As for coverage just drove to tesco Naas. Girlfriend has android ID and has 4g. I can't get it.

4G definitely available on iPhone. I had it on an iPhone 5S. It shows up as LTE in the network area, not 4G though.

hi
    I'm not implying you don't have 4g on ur iPhone but ur not guaranteed 4g if ur on an iPhone on the id network. And unfortunately that is the case for more iPhones than not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

hi
    I'm not implying you don't have 4g on ur iPhone but ur not guaranteed 4g if ur on an iPhone on the id network. And unfortunately that is the case for more iPhones than not.

Do you have roaming enabled?

I have seen on several phones that without roaming enabled it won't pick up 4G consistently but with roaming enabled it's always there.

Just got this tweet from ID

Hi Ciaran, at the moment we do not have an agreement with apple therefore you will not be able to pick up 4G. Some Iphone users pick it up in certain areas but the majority can not avail of 4G. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Just got this tweet from ID

Hi Ciaran, at the moment we do not have an agreement with apple therefore you will not be able to pick up 4G. Some Iphone users pick it up in certain areas but the majority can not avail of 4G. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Actually what you mean is they send you a DM with the answer (after you pretended not to know what DM means) and then you posted their DM publicly.

https://twitter.com/ciaran8200

Now don't get me wrong we all started on board.ie sometime, but I find it funny that all your post on boards.ie since you joined are about ID and even your twitter account is brand new (with no followers) and just tweeting to ID.

Giving that you said you were with meteor I can't believe you never had problems with them and never had the need to post/tweet about it.

Hi
    I have struggled with getting straight answers from ID on there care lines, every time I ring I get a different answer. Same when I visit a store. Got totally fed up and someone suggested boards.ie hence my posts. As for Twitter I wanted to clarify in writing and I couldn't find a complaints email. Greyfox208 just didn't seem to believe what care were telling me.

As for having problems with meteor and eircom, absolutely had a few but in fairness they were better than ID and was easier to get a straight answer.

Also had some issues with Vodafone but in fairness that was years ago. I was with meteor / eircom for 5 years and it was fine.

I ported out because of the handset / contract split on ID and presumed Apple were fine.

It's just really annoying, all I want is 4g and MMS

A faulty data card at one of 3's data centres was the reason for today's problems apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement