Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

here's a few niggles I have so far with ID
    This morning on the M50 I only had E coverage all the way from Castleknock to the Airport.
    Yesterday in Clontarf, my phone had 2-3 bars of LTE but I had no internet access to any websites
    Yesterday I started to get text messages telling me I had missed calls (hours after I had missed them), when my phone has no missed calls and I was in coverage all day.
    Regularly in the M/N3 at I down to no network, sometimes picking up to one bar, Its ok until the LTE runs out after Clonee around Dunshoughlin, then its patchy the whole way past Kells.
    I have yet to get a notification that I have a voicemail.
    Generally speaking I seem to have a lot of E coverage, and very little 3g or 4g in Dublin.

I was with Tesco mobile previously, and was in West Cork where I had 4 bars of 3G. My number ported while I was there and the best I could get was 2 bars of E. In Cork city, I had great LTE coverage, as I sometimes have in Dublin.

A friend ported at the same time, and they have a samsung handset, and they are experiencing the same issues as me, so I dont believe its iphone related.

I did call customer support, and they suggested changing my SIM. I'll try that, but I'm sceptical that that's the issue. I'm of the opinion that the old O2 masts are still serving the old O2/tescomobile customers, and for the areas that I mention, they have at least better 3g coverage...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

I switched from Vodafone to ID - had plenty of issues with Vodafone hence the move but having my fair share of heartache with ID now too. Issues include getting E the whole time and iPhone telling me to contact my carrier as I do not have a data plan, total loss of coverage from time to time and getting no alerts to say I missed calls in that time. Also get text messages several hours after they are sent and also getting the same text messages multiple times, several hours apart.

I signed up to 30 day contact, so if they don't sort these issues fairly lively, I'll be leaving the network fairly sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

This has been an utter turd for me so far. Cannpt stream more than 3 seconds of video without it buffering for 15-60 seconds.
    Rang customer support, spent 10 minutes on hold and was then hung up on by the customer rep.
    Top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

This has been an utter turd for me so far. Cannpt stream more than 3 seconds of video without it buffering for 15-60 seconds.
    Rang customer support, spent 10 minutes on hold and was then hung up on by the customer rep.
    Top class.

It's based on exactly the same network as Three. You are going to have all the same issues with coverage and capacity that Three customers are complaining about since the merger. Three have stated numerous times on their own Talk-to-three forum that the merger will take until 2017 (In between all their usual comments about polishing SIM cards and asking for PM messages to take the conversations out of the public domain). They have to build hundreds of base-stations at the old O2 sites. It's not going to happen quickly. If you want a network that works more reliably, you need to move to eMobile/Meteor or Vodafone. Unfortunately, most of the piggy-back services are using Three. Caveat emptor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Yeah, I know the carrier they're with.
    But so are 48 and tescomobile, neither of which I had any issues with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

MyiD now working - was able to register on the website, get a confirmation text to the phone and choose a password.

iOS app still not working (still demanding UK-format phone number)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Type 17 wrote: »
    MyiD now working - was able to register on the website, get a confirmation text to the phone and choose a password.

My god its ugly, can't believe they haven't included anywhere how many remaining minutes/texts/data you have left.

I'm hoping that it's just early days... ;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My god its ugly, can't believe they haven't included anywhere how many remaining minutes/texts/data you have left.

That's probably the only reason why people will be logging on to myiD and surely to God they could add the actually numbers we called and texted also, your right about the interface they're using, it's terrible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks for that. Just registered myself there. It would have been nice if they sent out an email or a text informing us it's working.

Edit: Just realised there is nowhere to change your password. Security at its finest there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Just registered myself there. It would have been nice if they sent out an email or a text informing us it's working.

Edit: Just realised there is nowhere to change your password. Security at its finest there.

I would imagine that it's still probably only in beta mode and that's why we haven't been officially informed that's it's actually working, albeit it a limited capacity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Any Android app? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Latest issue: logging into MyiD I'm greeted by "Account Update Failed".

I've given them the benefit of the doubt, but it's time to get going and fix things. I'm glad that I've not ported my number yet.

Latest issue: logging into MyiD I'm greeted by "Account Update Failed".

I've given them the benefit of the doubt, but it's time to get going and fix things. I'm glad that I've not ported my number yet.

I've ported my number over 3 weeks now and I've have very little issues to be honest, a bit of downtime last Saturday morning that affected me for about half an hour tops, any issues I've raised with customer service has been dealt with in a very prompt manner and I've found the staff very knowledgeable, I can't say the same for their social media team thou, they are a joke.

I still believe the website side of things is only in test mode still, I was speaking to CS on Tuesday and they were under the impression it would be towards the end of the month before myiD was up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I just looked at my first bill and it says I have 1935min, 1935 text and 7.74GB as part of my allowances. Even though my allowances are actually 5000min, 5000texts and 20GB Data.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just looked at my first bill and it says I have 1935min, 1935 text and 7.74GB as part of my allowances. Even though my allowances are actually 5000min, 5000texts and 20GB Data.

It's because you signed up in the middle of a month. You only have a portion of the allowance. You'll be charged less for it too.

/
    It's because you signed up in the middle of a month. You only have a portion of the allowance. You'll be charged less for it too.

I had assumed that. But the billing period of 19/08-30/09 would make my bill slightly higher and would give a slightly larger allowance.

The bill is slightly higher as expected.

It's like my allowances were increased but from a lower level... say 1935min rather than 1800min and 7.34GB rather than 7GB. Get me?

/

I had assumed that. But the billing period of 19/08-30/09 would make my bill slightly higher and would give a slightly larger allowance.

The bill is slightly higher as expected.

It's like my allowances were increased but from a lower level... say 1935min rather than 1800min and 7.34GB rather than 7GB. Get me?

I've just looked at mine there and it is a little confusing. We are being charged for the half month of August and all of September which is fine. The allowance part seems to show allowance and usage for just August which explains why it's only showing around half of our allowance. If you look further down it shows all calls, texts and data usage up until 31/08.

I've just looked at mine there and it is a little confusing. We are being charged for the half month of August and all of September which is fine. The allowance part seems to show allowance and usage for just August which explains why it's only showing around half of our allowance. If you look further down it shows all calls, texts and data usage up until 31/08.

If that's what's happening then sound. I thought I was going mad.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just trying out a sim now. No data connection at home at all. Only edge network. Have to check our reception in the new job, I'd no reception with Tesco mobile at the interview. Not sure could I survive without proper internet! :D

Their support seems helpful. Got this from them.
    Within settings, find ‘mobile networks’, ‘Access Point Names’ and hit Add. Then follow the below steps to get yourself set up with Internet and MMS.
    1. Name = ‘iD Internet’
    2. APN = ‘internet’
    3. MCC = 272
    4. MNC = 16
    5. APN type = ‘default’
    6. APN protocol = IPV4
    7. APN roaming protocol = IPv4

MMS APN Settings
    1. Name = ‘iD MMS’
    2. APN = ‘MMS’
    3. MMSC = ‘http://mms/’
    4. MMS proxy = ’10.12.0.1’
    5. MMS port = ‘9028’
    6. MCC = ‘272’
    7. MNC = ‘16’
    8. APN type = ‘mms’
    9. APN protocol = ‘IPv4’
    10. APN roaming protocol = ‘IPv4’

Just in case anyone needed it.

• Advertisement

Just an FYI: they're updating the online service at present.

The main portal now gives you information of your recent calls and activity, and the "My Activity" page gives a more detailed look. Finally, "My Bills" shows your payments and offers a PDF of your bills (obviously), and "Support" speaks for itself.

Customer Care just confirmed to me that this is being worked on at present.
    I'm considering making the move and porting the number over to my account, except for my thoughts on what I'm losing from Three which I stated earlier in the thread.

Reviewing my first bill, I see a few things to note:

They're charging an international text rate for the Apple iMessage (hidden) setup text to the UK server on +44 7537 410257.
    I wonder will they credit those texts when they have a proper agreement with Apple?

Also, the My Activity section of MyiD offers a button marked View all History, but when you click it, it only shows you your last seven days of activity.

Also, the My Activity section of MyiD offers a button marked View all History, but when you click it, it only shows you your last seven days of activity.

I'd say this is because they're only updating it now.

Indeed, I'm only pointing out things that I see, but I'm presuming that they'll be changed/improved soon.

Obviously, it's early days, but there is also no sign of the promised online page to alter your call/text/data allowances - eg: I might increase my data allowance for next month, but right now, I'll have to call cust care to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I got ported over to ID today, but im having trouble seeing the "phone" option in my iPhone 5s' settings. Anybody see this before, the screen is frozen ? I have to force close the settings to get it off the screen it.

362320.PNG

Check your bills guys, was charged for calling an 01 number despite it being included on my plan. :rolleyes:

Techmaster wrote: »
    Check your bills guys, was charged for calling an 01 number despite it being included on my plan. :rolleyes:

For the record, I have a call to an 01 number on my bill and it was correctly included in my allowance. The number was a Blueface VoIP one if that makes a difference. Do you know which network runs the number you called that was mis-rated? - might help iD sort out any billing errors that might exist on their system.

For the record, I have a call to an 01 number on my bill and it was correctly included in my allowance. The number was a Blueface VoIP one if that makes a difference. Do you know which network runs the number you called that was mis-rated? - might help iD sort out any billing errors that might exist on their system.

Some 01 numbers were included, others were charged. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Techmaster wrote: »

Was the call over an hour long? Is that a thing anymore where you have to redial after 59mins to keep the call free?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just an update on my coverage, I went from edge to full LTE coverage this morning in Shannon. I don't know whether a new mast came online in my area, or someone fed the hamster, but massive improvement.

Advertisement