Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Did someone else notice that the way voicemail divert works is different with iDMobile?

My forwarding are going to +353897099200 rather than the typical 08X5XXXXXXX way that other networks use.

I can also use the +353897099200 from any phone to access my voicemail by entering my iDMobile phone and PIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did someone else notice that the way voicemail divert works is different with iDMobile?

My forwarding are going to +353897099200 rather than the typical 08X5XXXXXXX way that other networks use.

I can also use the +353897099200 from any phone to access my voicemail by entering my iDMobile phone and PIN.
    Was wondering what that number was on my bill!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone using this with prepay? Do you get to keep your credit after topping up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anyone using this with prepay? Do you get to keep your credit after topping up?

No.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It seems iDMobile are dearer to text the likes of Todayfm (53102) than that of other providers, Emobile used to charge me I think it was 12c whereas iDMobile seem to be showing 16c on my bill and with vat adden then, that's 20c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It seems iDMobile are dearer to text the likes of Todayfm (53102) than that of other providers, Emobile used to charge me I think it was 12c whereas iDMobile seem to be showing 16c on my bill and with vat adden then, that's 20c

Short code numbers for lots of the stations are 20c flat rate to my knowledge.

FM104: Text: 53104 (text cost 20cent)
    Today: Text: 53102 - Standard Rate (Rep of Ireland)

Theres a schema:
    Outlined below are a set of charges which you can expect to receive when you text certain premium rate text services:
    50XXX - Free
    51XXX - Not exceeding €0.16
    53XXX - Not exceeding €0.80
    57XXX - €0.80 or above
    58XXX - Variable price
    59XXX - Variable price

ED E wrote: »
    Short code numbers for lots of the stations are 20c flat rate to my knowledge.

FM104: Text: 53104 (text cost 20cent)
    Today: Text: 53102 - Standard Rate (Rep of Ireland)

Theres a schema:

Ah right, I'm almost certain that Emobile used to just charge the cost of a standard sms whenever I text Todayfm. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

That's some scam with those radio stations. Its a text message. Why is it not included in your text bundle?! A money racket.

7upfree wrote: »
    That's some scam with those radio stations. Its a text message. Why is it not included in your text bundle?! A money racket.

To their credit, spin use a regular vodafone number meaning that your free trexts count.

ED E wrote: »
    To their credit, spin use a regular vodafone number meaning that your free trexts count.

They all should. A bloody money racket. Credit to Spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Is it just me, or have speedtest.net's testing servers been blocked on iD's network?

Thought I'd try it, but getting a "Network Communication Issues" error - works perfectly as soon as I turn wi-fi back on. Restarting the Speedtest app and then the iPhone makes no difference.

You can still surf to www.speedtest.net on the smartphone browser, but you can't perform a test there on a smartphone, you have to use the app.

No big deal, really as, ironically, all those new users doing speed tests (at around 50MB a time) are actually slowing the network down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Speedtest works fine for me.

Getting 17mb download and 17mb upload.

Interesting, thanks for the info - I'm still having the same issue on both 4G & 3G, but all other apps work fine, and everything on the phone (including Speedtest app) works fine on Wi-Fi (UPC broadband).

Tried reinstalling Speedtest app, but no difference.
    Works fine on my wife's iPhone in 3G and on Wi-Fi (she's on 3, so the same network infrastructure).

Very strange - will check if it works in other areas of Dublin when I'm out next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

working fine for me too, Dub city center.

Thanks, it seems that it's not an iD issue after all - I swapped SIMs between my wife's phone and mine, and my iD SIM works fine for Speedtest on her phone, but the Speedtest app on my phone still refuses to believe it has an internet connection with either her 3 SIM or my iD SIM in the phone.

I'll send feedback to Ookla (the Speedtest guys), but thanks for your comparisons/help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

A money racket in what sense? They are commercial radio stations and can charge what they like. You're not forced to text their station.
    They all should. A bloody money racket. Credit to Spin.

A money racket in what sense? They are commercial radio stations and can charge what they like. You're not forced to text their station.

They want their listeners to engage - and want to charge them for the privilege. it's either a text or isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Been on the network since launch - noticing a few recurring annoying issues identically on both my own iPhone and the other half's Samsung...

- if you go somewhere where you lose coverage (e.g. Into a building) it can take up to 10 minutes to refind the network despite there being full coverage available as soon as you step out the door.
    - when driving the phone often drops off coverage for large periods of time, despite my work phone on 3 retaining full coverage for the same journey. The M9 between Kilkenny City and Waterford is notoriously bad.
    - calls going straight to voicemail despite being in full coverage and notification texts for same not arriving for hours on end.
    - I went abroad recently and it took over an hour before the phone would connect to any network.

Have already had a SIM swap and no joy.
    Teething issues no doubt but not sure I can continue putting up for much longer despite the attractive price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

So don't engage. It's not a money racket.

I have to engage with my doctor and I pay him for the privilege.
    They want their listeners to engage - and want to charge them for the privilege. it's either a text or isn't.

• Advertisement

Some extra info - diverts to numbers other than the standard voicemail number is not (yet?) available.

I used to use a great app called Hullomail to get a service similar to Visual Voicemail, but it requires conditional diverts to an 076 (Irish VoIP) number.

A call to Customer Care confirms that this isn't possible, although the care agent wasn't able to say whether it would be possible in the future.

So don't engage. It's not a money racket.

I have to engage with my doctor and I pay him for the privilege.

He doesn't charge you for the phone call.

As I said, a money racket of the highest order.

Kensington wrote: »
    The M9 between Kilkenny City and Waterford is notoriously bad.

You mean Kilkenny and Waterford City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Kensington wrote: »
    Been on the network since launch - noticing a few recurring annoying issues identically on both my own iPhone and the other half's Samsung...

- if you go somewhere where you lose coverage (e.g. Into a building) it can take up to 10 minutes to refind the network despite there being full coverage available as soon as you step out the door.
    - when driving the phone often drops off coverage for large periods of time, despite my work phone on 3 retaining full coverage for the same journey. The M9 between Kilkenny City and Waterford is notoriously bad.
    - calls going straight to voicemail despite being in full coverage and notification texts for same not arriving for hours on end.
    - I went abroad recently and it took over an hour before the phone would connect to any network.

Have already had a SIM swap and no joy.
    Teething issues no doubt but not sure I can continue putting up for much longer despite the attractive price...

ID is not a network, it is just a Brand - they are merely re-sellers piggy-backing on the Three network with all the same problems that long-suffering Three customers are enduring since the merger. Issues with coverage, capacity and handover are not teething problems to do with the launch of the ID brand. Even Three have admitted on their forum that the merger is going to take 2 years to complete. Granted, some areas may get sorted earlier than this, but don't expect these problems to be sorted everywhere overnight.

bugfreebob wrote: »
    ID is not a network, it is just a Brand - they are merely re-sellers piggy-backing on the Three network with all the same problems that long-suffering Three customers are enduring since the merger. Issues with coverage, capacity and handover are not teething problems to do with the launch of the ID brand. Even Three have admitted on their forum that the merger is going to take 2 years to complete. Granted, some areas may get sorted earlier than this, but don't expect these problems to be sorted everywhere overnight.

My GSM knowledge is weaksauce but I wouldnt be surprised if the cell to cell handover management is operated by the MVNOs datacentre kit and not the host network. Otherwise there'd be no reason for the disparity unless it was a really really shíte handset.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Not sure has this come up yet, but it seems that the sms service, or at least short codes, aren't fully implemented yet. Can't do two factor authentication with google for example. They said it should be available in a week. Probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

bugfreebob wrote: »

I know, I know, that's why I mentioned the comparison to my work phone on the native 3 network :)

It takes far longer for my iD phone to find the network after first power on or if I'm stepping out of a building with no signal. My 3 phone reconnects instantly.

I've experienced pockets of the country where if I am driving I have no coverage for extended periods of time on iD where my 3 phone is sitting perfectly happily on 3G. Possibly related to previous issue - maybe coverage is patchy and repeatedly momentarily drops off but it takes so long for my phone to reconnect to the iD network...

Now to further add fuel to a fire, the long reported issue of 3 phones dropping to GPRS or EDGE and never regaining 3G despite it being readily available doesn't happen on my iD phone...it will happily hop back to 3G or LTE if its available without delay whilst my 3 phone mopes along on EDGE.

Problem is, the coverage gaps and delays in restablishing are far more frustrating on iD than my phone being stuck on EDGE with 3. At least I can still make/take calls on 3 EDGE...

Edit to add - iD phones are an iPhone 5s and Xperia E1, 3 phone is an iPhone 5C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭BowWow

Anyone on bill pay debited? I went live on ID on the 18th August, got a bill early Sept, but no debit on my bank account yet.

BowWow wrote: »
    Anyone on bill pay debited? I went live on ID on the 18th August, got a bill early Sept, but no debit on my bank account yet.

Was just coming on here to ask the very same question, I've two separate accounts with them, my own one and my wife's one, both activated on 21st Aug on staff plans, we both got the text message in early sept with the bill amounts and a date of 25th September saying the money would be taken from our accounts, but up to today, nothing has been taken.

• Advertisement

BowWow wrote: »
    Was just coming on here to ask the very same question, I've two separate accounts with them, my own one and my wife's one, both activated on 21st Aug on staff plans, we both got the text message in early sept with the bill amounts and a date of 25th September saying the money would be taken from our accounts, but up to today, nothing has been taken.

My billing date was 31/8 and I called customer care on 25th Sept, and they said it was due to be taken that day, but it still hasn't been taken yet.

Advertisement