Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sssshhhhh!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Sssshhhhh!

See, the problem there is they won't obviously forget and when they do finally come to the back acc it will be probably be for 3 months billing, and with two accounts with them, that will be over hundred quid😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Same here, nothing taken yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Same here nothing taken... I rang them last week and they said it would be taken out on the 25th (friday) and that after 4 days it would be referred to debt collectors... Bit harsh especially as I'm waiting for Them to take the fecking money...

As an aside I was nearly full sure that tax was included on the bill.... I emphasised on the phone to one of the agents that all I will pay is 15 all in no extras and he said once you don't go over the allowances it will be 15 not a penny more.... Pain in the hole.... I know it's only a few euro but takes the shine off a great deal

Same here nothing taken... I rang them last week and they said it would be taken out on the 25th (friday) and that after 4 days it would be referred to debt collectors... Bit harsh especially as I'm waiting for Them to take the fecking money...

As an aside I was nearly full sure that tax was included on the bill.... I emphasised on the phone to one of the agents that all I will pay is 15 all in no extras and he said once you don't go over the allowances it will be 15 not a penny more.... Pain in the hole.... I know it's only a few euro but takes the shine off a great deal

If you are referring to the €15 friends and family deal, it is €15 all in, you are forgetting that the first bill amount includes the August and September, that's why it's more than €15

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If you are referring to the €15 friends and family deal, it is €15 all in, you are forgetting that the first bill amount includes the August and September, that's why it's more than €15

I am indeed..... First Bill... 27.10.... 15 euro for September 7.50 for August (less than half a month usage) 5.10 tax is what the id customer support lady broke it down to me last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

I am indeed..... First Bill... 27.10.... 15 euro for September 7.50 for August (less than half a month usage) 5.10 tax is what the id customer support lady broke it down to me last week!

15 eur does include tax. You took her up wrong. You must have calls outside bundle

slegs wrote: »
    15 eur does include tax. You took her up wrong. You must have calls outside bundle

That's odd as I've 2 numbers with them, both joined 21st of August and both bills were exactly the same, €20.52 which is for 10 days in August approx €5.30, September €15 and 20c for iMessage activation text.

That's odd as I've 2 numbers with them, both joined 21st of August and both bills were exactly the same, €20.52 which is for 10 days in August approx €5.30, September €15 and 20c for iMessage activation text.

Yes yours is correct

21st August to 31st August = 11/31 * €15 = €5.32
    September = €15
    iMessage = €0.20

Total: €20.52

just downloaded my bill and i am indeed being charged vat @23% has anyone something to show that they said it was tax free???

• Advertisement

just downloaded my bill and i am indeed being charged vat @23% has anyone something to show that they said it was tax free???

Of course we are all paying VAT @23% what we are saying is the €15 is inclusive of the VAT amount. You've obviously incurred other charges outside of those included in your plan.

well my bill reads..... Total before VAT 22.03 (so imo half of august and all of september) VAT on 22.03 @23% 5.07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭BowWow

I have looked at my bill - my €15 per month includes VAT.

BowWow wrote: »
    €15 inc vat?
    Yup. €15 even.

Posts 28 & 29 in this thread.

well my bill reads..... Total before VAT 22.03 (so imo half of august and all of september) VAT on 22.03 @23% 5.07

Are you sure about your billing dates, what date did you get the welcome to iDMobileIreland email from them confirming that your sim was now activated

Look further down...you must have out of bundle charges

Are you sure about your billing dates, what date did you get the welcome to iDMobileIreland email from them confirming that your sim was now activated

You are right man was just onto them i signed up at the start of August! Feel like a spanner now but glad i got it sorted.....I was advised anyone who signed up in august that the bills should be taken out around the 6th of october, they are having some technical difficulties or something....

On a side note, never have i been onto customer support about billing and had such a good user experience.....UPC, SKY etc take note....

Have to say, the number of calls I drop on this "network" is unbelievable. If I wasn't on the €15 a month deal I'd change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Is the "hotspot" feature working on the network ? I'm on iphone 6 and don't have the setting, all my APN settings are blank but I have an LTE connection.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Is the "hotspot" feature working on the network ? I'm on iphone 6 and don't have the setting, all my APN settings are blank but I have an LTE connection.

You need to add Internet in the APN settings for personal hotspot in cellular menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Great, thanks so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Have to say, the number of calls I drop on this "network" is unbelievable. If I wasn't on the €15 a month deal I'd change.

Do you lose coverage conpletely or does the call just fail?

me too call fails then i lose coverage completely, its annoying as i might be sitting down in the same position i have full signal 2 minutes before i made the call....but for 15 quid all in i dont mind so much....

Kensington wrote: »
    Do you lose coverage conpletely or does the call just fail?

Usually the call just fails. When you try to call back, or the other caller tries to phone you, nothing - can take an hour before you can make any calls. Data would still work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

me too call fails then i lose coverage completely, its annoying as i might be sitting down in the same position i have full signal 2 minutes before i made the call....but for 15 quid all in i dont mind so much....
    Usually the call just fails. When you try to call back, or the other caller tries to phone you, nothing - can take an hour before you can make any calls. Data would still work though.

I'd give customer support a call. I was having similar problems initially then they suggested I make some changes to the sim setting on my phone. I've not had one problem with the signal since.

No payment taken for first bill.

No second bill raised yet........

tomorrow!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Payment has hit my account and it's dated tomorrow.

Dixons Mobile have been into my account for two direct debits also tonight :)

• Advertisement

No payment taken for first bill.

No second bill raised yet........

Payment for the first month taken this morning.

Advertisement