Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

4G on mine too, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

4G LTE in Kildare :-) only some areas can get in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Techmaster wrote: »
    4G on mine too, Cork.

City I presume.

jgbyr wrote: »
    City I presume.

Nope, outside the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭flanaganred

Was just on to ID customer care checking coverage in my area,the advisor told me full 4g in my area but 4g wouldn't be turned on until official launch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Was just on to ID customer care checking coverage in my area,the advisor told me full 4g in my area but 4g wouldn't be turned on until official launch?

Yup. That"s the default answer. They will not officially mention it until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭flanaganred

Yup. That"s the default answer. They will not officially mention it until then.

Thanks well worth a try for 15 euro a month and 30 day rolling contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I wasn't quite clear on what network infrastructure they are piggy-backing on.
    Can someone clarify ?
    I'm on Tesco mobile and coverage at home is patchy at best, but if iD are on 3/O2/Tesco network it'll be the same coverage right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thanks well worth a try for 15 euro a month and 30 day rolling contract

How do you get the 15 a month? I heard it was friends/family only?

• Advertisement

It's a staff plan for staff and their family & friends .

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

CVB wrote: »
    It's a staff plan for staff and their family & friends .

What will the normal rate for that plan be does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shane_a_lynn

I downloaded it to see and ask it gives me is the prices with no actual plan information so it's pretty useless.

Hi AlmightyCustion - Shane here from KillBiller.

Sorry that you were disappointed with the results on the app. We were basically embargoed from releasing the full plan details on the application until the iD network launches.

However, the price that the application returns will be exactly what you would spend on the iD mobile network based on your usage, so the bundle allocations (when they come out) will closely match your actual call/SMS/data usage amounts. The idea for now was to give people an indication of what's to come when they launch.

KillBiller will include the full allowance and usage information as soon as we can. For now, we know its restricted without the full tariff details - but for now, KillBiller is the only place where there's pricing information to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Hi AlmightyCustion - Shane here from KillBiller.

Sorry that you were disappointed with the results on the app. We were basically embargoed from releasing the full plan details on the application until the iD network launches.

Hyping up this launch as a new "Network" is very misleading. This is not a new network in any sense - it is simply a re-badged service being re-sold off the Three network that most users are having serious problems with since the merger. All of the coverage, handover and congestion problems that are plaguing Three will be experienced by customers of the new service. Granted, some customers may be lucky enough to be in a location where they are not having problems with Three - but the vast majority of Three customers are having serious problems since the merger. While it might be cheaper - the new service will still be rubbish. Caveat Emptor.

Not long to go now everyone ........... So excited ! :-)

Till when, Christmas is it😜

CVB wrote: »
    Not long to go now everyone ........... So excited ! :-)

And so people should be! See attached image

FourFourFM wrote: »
    And so people should be! See attached image

😂😂😂

Seriously they are piss poor speeds on 3G, really think their packages are going to be a big let down, they've built themselves up now, so I really hope for their sake they are going be be as competitive as they've led us to believe they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If this is on the 3 network, is there any way their speeds/coverage can be any better than what 3 subscribers get?

I called their cc today to enquire about coverage. I live on the Cork Limerick border. Got no answer on their 4g but he could say that some areas near me had patchy 3g coverage at best so that doesn't bode well.

• Advertisement

See attached Speed test results for my supposedly 4G ID SIM...

Oops!

Oops!

See above. :o

Just to show a comparison 4G speedtest, here's one from Emobile

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

I called their cc today to enquire about coverage. I live on the Cork Limerick border. Got no answer on their 4g but he could say that some areas near me had patchy 3g coverage at best so that doesn't bode well.

The agents on Talk-to-Three confirmed again today that their network rollout is going to take at least 2 years. They will be playing catchup with eMobile/Meteor and Vodafone in the meantime, and their 3G & 2G networks will continue be overloaded until this rollout is complete. Best avoid all piggy-back services that use the Three network until this rollout is done.

No point in deluding yourself that something is going to magically fix the problems without the heavy-lifting of new base-stations onto hundreds of sites.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just to show a comparison 4G speedtest, here's one from Emobile

And if you want to see real 4G. Here is one from Three.

You have to laugh at their FAQ section on their UK site about the recent data hack. Completely dodging all the questions!

26. Will you be offering me compensation?

At this stage our priority is to inform those customers affected. The first thing any customer should do who has concerns about fraud is to contact their bank or credit card provider [who can stop fraudulent transactions]. They can also contact Action Fraud, the national fraud reporting service.

Wow that's very good! Hopefully mine improves once its fully rolled out.

Right now I find speeds very quick anyway, for general browsing and streaming, but would definitely like to see improvements.

That's impressive alright, I've touched 50mb once on 4G here in Waterford with Emobile, it's usually in and around that 40mb download and 20mb upload for me thou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just as reply to those posting 3G Speedtest.net results-
    I have been getting consistently higher speeds using 3G/H/H+ services on iD.

I'm aware that speeds vary from location to location, but I've hot faster speeds using them than I got using my Three SIM in the same place, minutes after, on the 4G and 3G network. I'm hoping that this continues.

Advertisement