Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Terminator wrote: »
    It took around 20 mins for me too in the Galway branch. Went with Eir Unlimited texts and mins, 15gb for 15pm. Would've liked to put the free 20 voucher towards a chromecast but they had none in stock. Got two 10 euro eir top ups for my parents instead.

Is the Eir Unlimited €15 a month for 12 months package PAYG or Bill Pay and if the latter what ID/Utilities were needed to get set up?

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Where your Debit Card was issue shouldn't make any difference provided it's on the Visa or MasterCard networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭matzen

Is the Eir Unlimited €15 a month for 12 months package PAYG or Bill Pay and if the latter what ID/Utilities were needed to get set up?
    Bill pay. They need a copy of your latest Idmobile bill and photo ID in English. They also need your IBAN no to see up the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

bk wrote: »
    Ah, yeah I forgot that, I'm actually with Lyca, €15 for unlimited calls, texts and 15GB of data.

To be honest though, most people probably wouldn't need the text recurrring bundle on Tesco. With Tesco you keep the €15 credit, that is equivalent of 100 texts. With most people having moved to Whatsapp etc., probably enough for most people.

is lyca 3g or 4g?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Haven't heard great things about Lyca. Could be me looking too much into things though. I'm leaning toward eir. None of them are standing out for me at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

matzen wrote: »
    Yeah, took about 20 mins for me in the CPW store on Henry St. All in all happy enough with the switch. Apart from my office desk where I can only get 3G or H+ connection there seems to be better 4G coverage overall. I read that voice call quality should be better with eir but can't really comment on that as I hardly ever talk on the phone :D

This is exactly what happened me when I went from emobile (Eir) to ID back in summer 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

matzen wrote: »
    Bill pay. They need a copy of your latest Idmobile bill and photo ID in English. They also need your IBAN no to see up the payment.

Why would they need a copy of your latest Idmobile bill, I never received a bill anyway as such on prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Made the switch today. Went with the 3 bill pay for €30 a month and an iPhone. I was due a new phone anyway so it made sense. Although I’m struggling to use it as I haven’t had an iPhone since my first smart phone. Switch took about 20 mins and I put the €20 credit towards a case. I’ve seen a few people complaining on Facebook that they didn’t get the credit in CPW so make sure to ask for it if it’s not offered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

comput1 wrote: »
    any ideas on ways to spend the id mobile phone credit accumulated?

Text some charities to give it to them

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

comput1 wrote: »
    is lyca 3g or 4g?

3g
    crustybla wrote: »
    Haven't heard great things about Lyca. Could be me looking too much into things though. I'm leaning toward eir. None of them are standing out for me at the mo.

It is certainly a case of getting what you pay for. It is a bit slow. But it suits me as I've excellent wifi/broadband at both home/work, so I don't really need decent speeds, just enough for whatsapp when out.

I'm actually paying the equivalent of €7.50 per month due to that trick, so good value for money.

But not for everyone, the €15 Eir deal seems excellent value for people with higher speed needs.

• Advertisement

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Why would they need a copy of your latest Idmobile bill, I never received a bill anyway as such on prepay?

Can't tell you why, but they did. You'd need to ask them for details on the business process. Perhaps it's because I went for bill pay.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’ve seen a few people complaining on Facebook that they didn’t get the credit in CPW so make sure to ask for it if it’s not offered!
    Really? They kept telling me over and over that I had 20 euro credit available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Tesco don't give unlimited texts with their 15 euro top up, you have to add it as a recurring bundle.
    As an alternative, they have 200 free webtext that can be used via:

- their website (where you can import contacts)

- Tesco Mobile App

- third party app (eg Swift SMS or Irish Webtext)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭BowWow

Changed to eir deal this afternoon. Took the 20 mins, but a chunk of that is while they are waiting on credit approval - I went off for a coffee, so only actually about 10 mins in the shop.
    Change over was seamless. Girl said it would take an hour for the number to port, but it was working within 20 mins of me leaving the shop.
    I did have to ask for the €20 credit, but I think it was a genuine error on her part. Used it towards a 32GB micro SD card for my phone. Added a fiver to it.
    Sad to part with iD. They worked for me and were cheap....

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Do you unlock your phone before you go in to change over guys? I unlocked mine from Tesco to move to iD, it was a nightmare keeping my number and moving seamlessy but I got there in the end.

crustybla wrote: »
    Do you unlock your phone before you go in to change over guys? I unlocked mine from Tesco to move to iD, it was a nightmare keeping my number and moving seamlessly but I got there in the end.

Bought phone in CPW las year. It was unlocked, so no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

For those of you who have gone with the Eir deal are you intending to stick with it or to change again after the twelve month promotion is over ? For my usage €30 pm would be a bit too expensive .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

cal60 wrote: »
    For those of you who have gone with the Eir deal are you intending to stick with it or to change again after the twelve month promotion is over ? For my usage €30 pm would be a bit too expensive .

Well I’m gonna stick with it for the 12 months and then check out what deals there is. It’s by far the best deal for my usage right now. If anything better comes along in that time I’ll not hesitate to move though.

cal60 wrote: »
    Zhane wrote: »
    Well I’m gonna stick with it for the 12 months and then check out what deals there is. It’s by far the best deal for my usage right now. If anything better comes along in that time I’ll not hesitate to move though.

I think the €30 is too dear also, but will stay for 11 months and then re-access - if something comes up in the meantime I'd give the 30 day notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

BowWow wrote: »
    I think the €30 is too dear also, but will stay for 11 months and then re-access - if something comes up in the meantime I'd give the 30 day notice.

I don’t know what they are like now for it, but to be fair to Meteor, I had a data sim with 30GB for €10. Used it for an iPad, I had it for a year and the discount ran out bringing it back up to €25. I called them up on the off chance they’ll add the discount back, it was no issue if they didn’t I’ll just cancel it. But they added the discount back and I kept it for another year. So I’ll see how they go and call them in 12 months if I’ve not found a better offer 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

For those of you who might want to use up your credit, you can find a list of charities and their donation codes on the link below.

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Do I need to unlock the phone before calling in to change or will they take care of that for me too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Do I need to unlock the phone before calling in to change or will they take care of that for me too?

Throw a sim card from another network into & see if it works . I got my phone in October & tried a sim from Vodafone & it worked fine .
    They also have a link on their website on how to unlock it yourself .

Prior to being with iD, I was with Three.

Had a call from them today, asking if I knew that iD were gone and would I like to come back to them. Said no as I never liked their customer service. But found the call interesting. Might ring them in 11 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

BowWow wrote: »
    Prior to being with iD, I was with Three.

Had a call from them today, asking if I knew that iD were gone and would I like to come back to them. Said no as I never liked their customer service. But found the call interesting. Might ring them in 11 months...

Were they offering any deals ?

Whats the story with monthly top ups? I'm due to do my monthly top up in a couple of days but would like to stick with ID until close to the end of the service on April 6th as I'm off to Italy next weekend and want to be 100% sure of roaming. I've roamed there on ID previously so want to stick with what I know and then switch (probably to Eir) when I come back.

Does anyone know if ID are still accepting top-ups or are they just allowing us to continue to use the service without any more top-ups until April 6th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

You can use the service, as is, without restriction until the closing date. I don't believe that there is a need to top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

i have two of my kids on id Mobile SIM only, want to switch then to another network..............with pre-pay, can it be set up as a direct debit, don't want to have to top-up in a shop every month......or can you only do that with bill pay? if i want to pre-pay with a direct debit, its in the operators interest to accept that, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

ctlsleh wrote: »
    i have two of my kids on id Mobile SIM only, want to switch then to another network..............with pre-pay, can it be set up as a direct debit, don't want to have to top-up in a shop every month......or can you only do that with bill pay? if i want to pre-pay with a direct debit, its in the operators interest to accept that, right?

You don’t have to go to the shop every month. Loads of other ways. I was with Three, I had my bank card registered to my account so every month I just Text the words top up to a certain number and it topped me up. Now I’m with Eir, I just log into bank of Ireland app and top up when I get the reminder. Takes 60 seconds max. But I do think you can schedule top ups for both

• Advertisement

ctlsleh wrote: »

Why not do it via bill pay? Set it up once and forget about it.

Advertisement