Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Absolutely. I just feel bad for anyone that has moved network already and have run over the cooling off period. No brainer.

On a more geeky note, the Advanced 4G being rolled out makes it even nicer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm actually really shocked that they've created such a good offer.

This is literally half of the other most suitable plan, from Eir.

Three - 12m - €85
    Eir - 12m - €180

It's actually better than that. The 13th month is also a fiver so it's 13 months for 90 Euro.

Absolutely. I was just doing a like for like comparison of 12 months to indicate the value. It is indeed 13 months, so the €90 total. It would be €195 for the same 13 months with eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The biggest problem with the 3 deal is that it's with 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

The biggest problem with the 3 deal is that it's with 3...

Same could be said for the Eir deal! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Killer K wrote: »

Grrr.....I just moved 2 of my kids to the Eir offer last weekend......!!

Any way to change this and go to three deal.....?

I was with eir before going to id and I only changed cos id @15pm could not be beaten.

A lot to be said for Irish customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Raging I’ve already switched to three. That’s a fab deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

ID were given access to Three's network as a condition of the O2 takeover.

Did that condition have a cut off date or is it for as long as Three operates in Ireland?

Can Three just rent out ID's allocation to anyone (Tesco, Lyca, 48) or does it have to be to a new MVNO? Or are we stuck with one less provider and less competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ten Pin wrote: »
    ID were given access to Three's spectrum as a condition of the O2 takeover.

Did that condition have a cut off date or is it for as long as Three operates in Ireland?

Can Three just rent out ID's allocation to anyone (Tesco, Lyca, 48) or does it have to be to a new MVNO? Or are we stuck with one less provider and less competition?

ID didnt get spectrum, they got access.

Three operate 272-05 and 272-02 (prev o2 Ireland). ID was an MVNO on the 05 net so were sharing the same 40Mhz LTE etc with Virgin Mobile, Three's own and 48. Them going just reduces load on that network for the rest of us if customers end up with Eir. If they go to Three it stays static.

The bit thats not clear is how the bandwidth allocation for 272-02 is being used, have Three farmed it into the 05 network or is it sitting fallow. If so thats a travesty as we're not exactly under using what we have and anything that can be rolled out for cities should be.

• Advertisement

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Grrr.....I just moved 2 of my kids to the Eir offer last weekend......!!

Any way to change this and go to three deal.....?

I would certainly ask the question in CPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

The Three deal is undoubtedly great value for money. But I moved to the Eir deal at the start of this week, and even if I hadn't already done so, I probably still would.

iD was great valus for money, but the Three network was always poor (in my opinion). And I'm not talking about coverage - coverage was fine - but more contention. Even when I had full 4G reception, data availability and speeds were really poor. The worst was when I was up in Dublin after the Ireland/Italy match. Loads of signal, but data blackout. Yet, my Vodafone and Eir friends had zero problems.

I have heard talk/rumours that these issues aren't as bad if you're using the network as a Three customer (which may suggest exclusive use of the o2 spectrum) - but that's purely speculation.

Either way, I was happy enough paying 15 for iD, I'm now happy paying 15 for Eir. And the speeds/data availability already seem better across the board. Hopefully it lasts.

The only thing is the limited data. You're getting half of what you got on eir- if you used it, that is.

If you're a data muncher, Three or Virgin are your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

What contract length is the three deal?

Is it 30 days like eir?

30 day contract. So, you give one month's notice.

But, if you leave before the 12 months is up, you lose the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So glad I was to lazy to switch yet. I'll be switching to three on friday then, when I'm near a carphone warehouse. Is there anything I should bring with me, like what kind of id would I need?

Schorpio wrote: »
    The Three deal is undoubtedly great value for money. But I moved to the Eir deal at the start of this week, and even if I hadn't already done so, I probably still would.

iD was great valus for money, but the Three network was always poor (in my opinion). And I'm not talking about coverage - coverage was fine - but more contention. Even when I had full 4G reception, data availability and speeds were really poor. The worst was when I was up in Dublin after the Ireland/Italy match. Loads of signal, but data blackout. Yet, my Vodafone and Eir friends had zero problems.

I have heard talk/rumours that these issues aren't as bad if you're using the network as a Three customer (which may suggest exclusive use of the o2 spectrum) - but that's purely speculation.

Either way, I was happy enough paying 15 for iD, I'm now happy paying 15 for Eir. And the speeds/data availability already seem better across the board. Hopefully it lasts.

The Eir deal is an excellent deal for the reasons you point out. While there is a significant diffence in price in percentage terms, spread over a year the actual savings aren't massive between the Eir and 3 deals. Still not 100% decided myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Eir deal is an excellent deal for the reasons you point out. While there is a significant diffence in price in percentage terms, spread over a year the actual savings aren't massive between the Eir and 3 deals. Still not 100% decided myself.

Eir's offer is more than double the price if you're not an eir landline customer. Pretty significant if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I haven't switched yet but the 3 offer looks too good to refuse.

However, my wife and son already signed up for the Eir offer last week. Does anyone know if the 7 day cooling off period applies so my son at least could go with the 3 offer instead? 3 are very !ate to the party, a lot of people have already switched to Eir.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I honestly don’t understand why people switched so soon after the announcement was made, whatever about PAYG customers, but bill pay customers were actually getting a free month here. I’ve 3 accounts to switch, my wife and my two lads, all were on the €15 plan and I cancelled DD on day of announcements. By waiting till end of March, I’ve gotten a full month free for them saving me €45 and now I’ve the choice of two different offers to switch them over too. I’m currently an Eir customer so I know how good they are so I’m still drawn to them despite being a good bit more dearer, however, I possibly thinking about the months after the first 12 months, Eir are far more likely of giving you another offer for possibly another 6 months on top of the 12 months, whereas three wouldn’t. I’ll decide between now and the end of the month though.

• Advertisement

Eir's offer is more than double the price if you're not an eir landline customer. Pretty significant if you ask me.

I would say it gets significant if there are more than one family member in the same boat as the case with some previous posters.

I am holding off myself on signing up for either until I know the liquidator's position on the charging for the handset.

This is one of those prime example situations of cost vs value..

Three being free would be a tough sell for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

It's a 30 day contract but at a discount after month one. It's unlimited calls and texts, to a fair limit, and data, to a fair limit. 3,000 free Three to Three minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

30 day contract. So, you give one month's notice.

But, if you leave before the 12 months is up, you lose the discount.

Really? So if you left after 11 months they would claw 275 euro back off you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

No, I think it meas that you would lose your entitlement to the discount - i.e. you wouldn't be able to get the same discount again if you changed your mind after leaving.

Has anyone with a handset been contacted? It is very odd that they have not been contacted by the liquidator as of yet.

I'm not indicating or insinuating that they will get the device for free or have the cost wiped off, but it just doesn't make sense that no correspondence has been received.

Has anyone with a handset been contacted? It is very odd that they have not been contacted by the liquidator as of yet.

I'm not indicating or insinuating that they will get the device for free or have the cost wiped off, but it just doesn't make sense that no correspondence has been received.

No contact yet. They did say by the end of this month so I am expecting to hear something by Friday at the latest.

If you sign up to eir do you get eir sport like you would on that contract ordinarily?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You don’t get a sub to eir sports with that plan, it’s only fixed BB plans from eir that gives access to their sports packages as far as I know.

Advertisement