Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

FourFourFM wrote: »
    You're worse than the FB updates.

He/she must be from their PR department.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Can't give too much away what I know .... I would be in a lot of trouble ..... We just have to wait :-) like waiting for Santa and in the morning to deliver the fantastic offers and value iD have to offer I already confirmed a big secret that the Launch is tomorrow .... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

As they are using 3 network, can an id sim work in a 3 phone without it being unlocked? I'm presuming not but hoping it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I'm expecting something very special after all this hype.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

CVB wrote: »
    Can't give too much away what I know .... I would be in a lot of trouble ..... We just have to wait :-) like waiting for Santa and in the morning to deliver the fantastic offers and value iD have to offer I already confirmed a big secret that the Launch is tomorrow .... :-)

Seriously, give it a rest. It's just a new mobile operator. You'd swear they were giving out free hand jobs the way you're going on.

• Advertisement

Aren't companies supposed to pay Boards to be hosted on here? How are you guys getting away with all this free advertising?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As they are using 3 network, can an id sim work in a 3 phone without it being unlocked? I'm presuming not but hoping it can.

It doesn't work that way with the other MVNOs as far as I know so more than likely not.

And you do realise you're using Three's network don't you?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I can thou as I've no connection with them, the closest package to say 48months €10 deal (which is 300 mins, unlimited texts 1gb of 3G data and 60mins worth of landline calls) is €17 for 250mins, 250 texts and 1gb 4G data

They seem to have plenty of different bundles that you can buy individually, say for example,

500 mins €6.50

100 text €3.50

3gb data €10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

heres a question! im genuinely of the opinion that i will use close to the 20g of data i have got.

they also said tethering IS allowed. Can they cutme off if i keep hitting close to the 20 gs a month???

• Advertisement

If that's true, the data isn't cheap. You'd still be better on Three's €21 a month deal

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I can thou as I've no connection with them, the closest package to say 48months €10 deal (which is 300 mins, unlimited texts 1gb of 3G data and 60mins worth of landline calls) is €17 for 250mins, 250 texts and 1gb 4G data

They seem to have plenty of different bundles that you can buy individually, say for example,

500 mins €6.50

100 text €3.50

3gb data €10

If that €17 package is correct then id aren't bringing much to the table. Both 48 and tesco offer better deals than that as you point out. It'll be very disappointing if that's the best they can do.

heres a question! im genuinely of the opinion that i will use close to the 20g of data i have got.

they also said tethering IS allowed. Can they cutme off if i keep hitting close to the 20 gs a month???

Highly doubt it as that's your allowance, however I'm sure you'll be charged for every mb you go over the 20gb

And Now......

And Now......

You're taking the mickey now. Risking getting your thread closed.

Highly doubt it as that's your allowance, however I'm sure you'll be charged for every mb you go over the 20gb

*You will receive a text to tell you when you reach your allowances .

And Now......

So you follow @idmobileireland on Twitter them😄

And Now......

seriously if you genuinely work for them, i would fire you.....you are doing well at annoying prospective customers, but from a marketing point of view are talking alot about nothing....that post does nothing for ID except annoy me....

as me nanny always said "if you have nothing of worth to say, keep your mouth shut"

So you follow @idmobileireland on Twitter them😄

He 'IS' @idmobileireland on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

You're taking the mickey now. Risking getting your thread closed.

Maybe he's just a tad bit excited? :P

• Advertisement

seriously if you genuinely work for them, i would fire you.....you are doing well at annoying prospective customers, but from a marketing point of view are talking alot about nothing....that post does nothing for ID except annoy me....

as me nanny always said "if you have nothing of worth to say, keep your mouth shut"

Yep. It all comes across as very amateur to me. Price is not always the deciding factor when choosing a network. Trust, reliability, credibility etc. This crowd haven't show much only spam across social media.

Yep. It all comes across as very amateur to me. Price is not always the deciding factor when choosing a network. Trust, reliability, credibility etc. This crowd haven't show much only spam across social media.

Its like a ten year old was told he can be the "brains" of the marketing and social media team.....Getting excited over nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just with regard to the data costs, I was registered before the billing date commenced, and I was charged for a number of out of bundle rates.

I used €0.65 for ~100MB of data.
    I used €0.40 for ~10 SMS.
    I can't speak for calls, however.

I was going to post some bill screenshots, but I held off as I need to remove my personal details and phone numbers, which are littered across the itemised bill.

Maybe I'm missing something but unless you got a friends & family SIM what's been leaked so far has been pretty meh.

It might be a bit more interesting if it they where on Vodafone or Meteor but using the Three network is a negative also as I've found they've gone to crap lately.

Even if it was €15 for everyone. I think I'd rather pay the extra €5 for the Three PAYG €20 plan and know you're not joining what appears to be a shambles. When it comes to roaming and things like that, I can't see them being competitive if even functional.

couldnt agree more, 48 is far better in price point and services..... (unless you have a f and f sim)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

And Now......

so far im like ........meh

we`ll see tomorrow if its any use

Going thru the prices of the F&F deals at the minute, some of them are shocking alright

Here's their full list of "out of plan" charges

https://launch.idmobile.ie/out-of-plan-pricing

• Advertisement

Going thru the prices of the F&F deals at the minute, some of them are shocking alright

Here's their full list of "out of plan" charges

https://launch.idmobile.ie/out-of-plan-pricing

Charging to ring Customer Care is a bit cheeky don't you think?

"There's a problem with our service, let's charge the customer to tell us about it and get it fixed".

Advertisement