Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

blueb wrote: »
    i Got a promotional offer a few weeks ago... probably the best monthly offer i have ever see!!

5000 texts

5000 Minutes

20 GB Data

15 euro a month... for life!!!!

SCORE

Wow now that is the type of deal that will get masses of people to switch pity they don't offer this now I'd be on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Wow now that is the type of deal that will get masses of people to switch pity they don't offer this now I'd be on it now.

They're offering that for €29 for everyone outside of the staff friends and family deal. Had the chance for getting that sim myself but declined. €20 from Three suits me better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

FourFourFM wrote: »
    They're offering that for €29 for everyone outside of the staff friends and family deal. Had the chance for getting that sim myself but declined. €20 from Three suits me better.

Like wise the €31.20 deal from meteor suites me at the moment but the €15 deal is a fantastic offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did nobody do a quick spell check?
    VFlETZ1.jpg

I will always remenber this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What are you talking about? Remenber is a perfectly cromulent word.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ED E wrote: »
    Really wish they'd picked another wholesaler, we really need to get more users off threes infrastructure and onto eircom and Vodafones.

ID and UPC are launching on Three because it was a condition that the EU set when Three merged with o2. The EU forced Three to offer two new MVNO positions.

I'm sure ID and UPC took up this offer, as the terms are probably far better then what they would get from Eircom or Vodafone, if they would even offer (they aren't required too).
    Cellular doesnt work that way, especially if they end up consolidating onto one band.

It would make zero sense to consolidate onto one band!

By merging with o2, Three got access to a massive amount of spectrum, more then Vodafone has I believe. It makes no sense not too use all the spectrum they have licensed to them already.

Once you have the towers and actually paid the license for the spectrum, then their is very little extra cost in operating all the spectrums from the same towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Lots of broken links on the site too.

I tried to sign up to MyID but they 'couldn't find my number on their system'. :rolleyes:

Strange. Not being smart, but have you cleared your cache, etc.? I got their homepage with various sections and competitions, offers and information.

That actually occurred to me after posting and once I opened it in an incognito tab it worked so yeah you were spot on!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Techmaster wrote: »
    Lots of broken links on the site too.

I tried to sign up to MyID but they 'couldn't find my number on their system'. :rolleyes:

Same as. First day teething issues I assume. Hopefully, it's sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bk wrote: »
    It would make zero sense to consolidate onto one band!

By merging with o2, Three got access to a massive amount of spectrum, more then Vodafone has I believe. It makes no sense not too use all the spectrum they have licensed to them already.

Once you have the towers and actually paid the license for the spectrum, then their is very little extra cost in operating all the spectrums from the same towers.

I know that BK, and its what I'm hoping for. My concern is The Competition Authority and COMREG. By three owning double spectrum its giving them a huge competitive advantage.

psyyyA1.png

Take 1800mhz for example. Meteor: 2x15Mhz, Vodafone: 2x25Mhz, Three: 2x15Mhz+2x20Mhz

I'm surprised big red arent kicking up a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Your My iD online account is only available to view & register when you have a bill to view and is available so that's why currently some cannot register as there will be nothing to view so far and system won't accept number to register .

For some customers with bills available website is currently having teething problems :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

1418729410.png

Just taken here in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

CVB wrote: »
    Your My iD online account is only available to view & register when you have a bill to view and is available so that's why currently some cannot register as there will be nothing to view so far and system won't accept number to register .

For some customers with bills available website is currently having teething problems :-(

How can we check our usage before our bill date? Surely the MyID feature is more than just checking a due bill.

Techmaster wrote: »
    How can we check our usage before our bill date? Surely the MyID feature is more than just checking a due bill.

That's what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

That's what I was thinking.

Worked perfectly for me before bill generation date. I'll post a tutorial on MoolaMonkey. I'm currently putting the price plans up.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Just a quick one guys, do iD allow tethering? If so, I'm sold on it.

Just a quick one guys, do iD allow tethering? If so, I'm sold on it.

Yeah they confirmed that they do on Twitter. Mentioned towards the start of this thread I think.

For now all you can view is bills online once you get a text to say bill is available to view if you did not get the text with the link direct you will not be currently able to register online as other services for the MyiD website are still having issues and are getting resolved for now .

If you need to check any of your usage call 1747 from your iD phone or 0897001747 from any other phone until MyiD website is Fully setup the care team can check this for you .

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah they confirmed that they do on Twitter. Mentioned towards the start of this thread I think.

Yes it's permitted

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If you need to check any of your usage call 1747 from your iD phone or 0897001747 from any other phone until MyiD website is Fully setup the care team can check this for you .

Are calls to customer care free?

Your iD plan includes calls to Irish mobiles, landlines, your iD Care Team and voicemail; texts to Irish mobiles, and data for use in Ireland only. Once you use up your plan allowance charges apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So after a few hours using their 4G and I have to say its pretty nifty. So far so good.

Your iD plan includes calls to Irish mobiles, landlines, your iD Care Team and voicemail; texts to Irish mobiles, and data for use in Ireland only. Once you use up your plan allowance charges apply.

"No" would have sufficed.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So after a few hours using their 4G and I have to say its pretty nifty. So far so good.

What handset are you using if you don't mind me asking, mixed reports going around about iPhone users getting 4G speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Aquos76 wrote: »
    What handset are you using if you don't mind me asking, mixed reports going around about iPhone users getting 4G speeds

I am using an unlocked ex Voda Galaxy Core Prime.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm surprised big red arent kicking up a fuss.

Yes, they did during the EU investigation into the merger, but I think Three got away with that one.

I think they are now safe with all the spectrum they currently have. Though I'd expect a rebalancing during future spectrum sales.

Looking at the 4G spectrums:

800Mhz: Vodafone 20Mhz, Meteor 20Mhz, Three/o2 20Mhz
    900Mhz: Vodafone 20Mhz, Meteor 30Mhz, Three/o2 20Mhz
    1800Mhz: Vodafone 50Mhz, Meteor 30Mhz, Three/o2 70Mhz

Yes, there is a lot of unbalance at 1800Mhz, but it is much more balanced at 800Mhz and 900Mhz and these frequencies are far more important then 1800Mhz, due to their ability to travel further and penetrate walls.

I think that is how they got away with merging all the frequencies, 1800Mhz just isn't that important. I think Meteor has a stronger argument that it should maybe get 20Mhz of Three's frequency at 1800Mhz.

On the other hand, Three having so much 1800Mhz should be good for them to deliver broadband dongle type services in the cities. Perhaps as a cheap (and much less capable) alternative to VDSL and cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sorry, haven't read all the thread but have you confirmed that you're an ID/CW employee yet?

• Advertisement

Getting 24Mb download, 11Mb upload with a 47ms ping sitting here in my bedroom. I normally get only a couple of megs using WiFi as my room is on the third floor so the WiFi signal is pretty weak so I'm very happy with those 4G speeds.

Advertisement